HFS+ Partition Error.

XLostSpartanX

8 posts in this topic

I installed OS X with JaS's 10.4.6 dvd. I followed teh tutorial in the genius bar, amking a Fat 32 Logical partition. Then I used Disk Ultity to erase it to a Mac OS X Extended. IT all installed fine, but when I try to boot into it though Acronis OS Manager, I get "HFS+ Partition Error".

Please help,

Nick

When your in the acronis loader goto ''Disk director'' then select your osx partition right click and goto advanced then ''set active'' make sure you press the little flag button so it sets active and it should work.

When your in the acronis loader goto ''Disk director'' then select your osx partition right click and goto advanced then ''set active'' make sure you press the little flag button so it sets active and it should work.

Ok I tried that, but there was no option to set it as active. There was on some of the other partitions though.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're not trying to dual boot and you're getting the HFS+ partition error message, than I have an easy fix. Get to a terminal and type "sudo fdisk -u /dev/rdisk0" To get the the terminal you can either boot with an OSX86 install disc (like Jas or goatsecx) and wait for it to timeout (boot your install) or enter single user mode. Once you've executed the command it will ask you to confirm the operation. Answer yes and you should have no trouble next time you boot.