Well This sucks....

goddo2305

5 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have a Self-Built PC here that im wanting to put any kind of OSX (so in otherwords i want to turn it into a hackintosh)

my specs are as follows :

MB : Gigabyte EP43-UD3L

CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 at stock (3.00ghz)

GPU:Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD4650

WLAN card (pls get this working) D-Link DWA-510

i want to try and get most things working. I want to set up the mac side on a 70gb sataII drive

NOTE : i have 4gb DDR2 ram.

thanks. please please help.

Can Anyone Please Recommend The Best DISTRO for me based on my pc specs? thanks

EDIT: I have previously attemped to install Ideneb ( the leopard version) but it failed. when booting up after succsessful installation, it brings up the loading screen. but after a few minutes, a question mark appears in the middle of the screen. thanks

I think, the Graphiccard is the problem, too.

Try a cheap nvidia 9500gt or an older nvidia chip like 8600.

Best thing, I think - install SnowLeopard with Empire EFI 1.08 standard BootCD.

This works perfekt. I installed 2 Hackintoshes in this way with the same Board.

A really nice OSX86 Board.

AFter install,first boot again with empire Efi, than install MyHack Installer.

With a 9500gt set Graphics Enable Yes, and the default important /Extra-kextfiles for SnowLeopard.

It works like a charm.

Hi.

I have a Self-Built PC here that im wanting to put any kind of OSX (so in otherwords i want to turn it into a hackintosh)

my specs are as follows :

MB : Gigabyte EP43-UD3L

CPU:Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 at stock (3.00ghz)

GPU:Gigabyte ATI Radeon HD4650

WLAN card (pls get this working) D-Link DWA-510

i want to try and get most things working. I want to set up the mac side on a 70gb sataII drive

NOTE : i have 4gb DDR2 ram.

thanks. please please help.

Can Anyone Please Recommend The Best DISTRO for me based on my pc specs? thanks

EDIT: I have previously attemped to install Ideneb ( the leopard version) but it failed. when booting up after succsessful installation, it brings up the loading screen. but after a few minutes, a question mark appears in the middle of the screen. thanks

I could only get the Diamond HD4670 running with 10.6.2 and it works with the vga only ouput.

Using netkas boot with the latest Chameleon and this is on a Gigabyte EP35-DS4.

A bit of a pain to set up but I used all vanilla install (Retail Disc) + my extra cards 7600 worked enough to set up my install and then added the HD4670 after I updated to 10.6.2 from 10.6.0 This was a trial an error sense I used no guide other than what I have learned. But got it up and running in 4 hours. The hard part is sorting out the video!

Where to get your pieces for your install

I already have an EVGA X58 X3 SLI so its cake to install vanilla from an already working Hackintosh or Mac. You don't need a distro for your board in fact there are people already running it without issue.

Hope you get it up and running.

Heres a guide

Oh its also way easy to use VM work station running Leopard and then using a Snow Leopard image to install to configure your drive in Windows

Additional configuration

There are a lot of ways to do an install and learning exactly what makes a Hackintosh tick certainly is a learning curve. Well once you read enough and do over again its easy to install on various motherboards, hope this gives a little direction to your endeavor. :rolleyes:

I think, the Graphiccard is the problem, too.

Try a cheap nvidia 9500gt or an older nvidia chip like 8600.

Best thing, I think - install SnowLeopard with Empire EFI 1.08 standard BootCD.

This works perfekt. I installed 2 Hackintoshes in this way with the same Board.

A really nice OSX86 Board.

AFter install,first boot again with empire Efi, than install MyHack Installer.

With a 9500gt set Graphics Enable Yes, and the default important /Extra-kextfiles for SnowLeopard.

It works like a charm.

Thanks For all of your replys! I cannot afford a new GPU. What is your recommendation for a distro? and can you get some links for these other things please. So i know im getting the right things. thanks