Making Unreal Tournament 2004 Demo Universal Binary and full

Don Luca

30 posts in this topic

Great Description, but what about the Files Suffixes.

The Demo the files ends with *.uax and on the DVD with *.uax.uz2

Should I copy the *.uz2 files to the *.uax files or can I simply delete the *.uax files.

I now i could play around and try out the possibilites but mayby someone had still done this.

CHEERS and marry christmas

Yep. You can apply the patch before or after adding the full content. As Don Luca mentioned, be sure to make a plan text file with your cdkey in the System folder. To do this, type your cdkey in a blank document in Textedit and select "make plain text". Save as "cdkey" and make sure to deselect "if no extension is provided use .txt". If Unreal gives you a message that your key is invalid, select the cdkey file and go to "Get Information" and "Name and Extension". Make sure there is no extension provided.

Is anyone interested in getting a project started to create guides for making games full using Demos and PC versions? I've so far tried Oni (game would not run at all on Intel Mac for me), Ut2k4 (Success, thanks to Dun Luca's directions and a bit of tinkering!) and Doom 3 (I've run into issues with the copy protection not recognizing my CD). Seems to me that a community effort could provide some results as I've only tried on one computer and one OS.

EDIT- New thread regarding demo to full-game conversion has been posted HERE

Edited by OMX-Knuckles