OS X 10.4.6 installation

adrianb

10 posts in this topic

hi guys

i tried to install os x 10.4.6 both natively and through vmware but after the installation menu starts ... it just stays there ... i waited a day but the installation won't load

all i see is an apple sign with a few circles rotating

can anyone please help me :star_smile:

I have the same issue. I've rebooted 4 or 5 times now and the same result each time: grey background, apple logo, spinning circle.

I've got:

Intel Pentium 4 630 3.0GHz CPU

Gigabyte GA-8I945PL-G Motherboard

Western Digital 120GB SATA2 HDD

1x 1GB DDRII 533MHz RAM

Albatron nVidia GF 7600 GT 256MB PCI-e

D-Link G520 Wireless PCI

I managed to get it installed on my Dell Inspiron D510, but I got a kernel panic on boot which I couldn't get around, so I thought I'd try it on my desktop, which is about 2 months old.

With my laptop though, it would get past the grey background, apple logo and spinning circle I am currently stuck on, but reach an empty blue screen with no dialog box to install, until I rebooted with my monitor plugged into the VGA slot on the back of the laptop, when the install dialog box would appear on the blue screen after the grey loading splash screen... Weird!

Any idea why I'm getting stuck here with my desktop?

tau

At bootup press the F8 key and then type -v. This way you can see what type of errors your getting.

Chevy

Is this when booting from the DVD to install it, or when booting from the partition you have just installed it to? Or both?

hi guys

i tried to install os x 10.4.6 both natively and through vmware but after the installation menu starts ... it just stays there ... i waited a day but the installation won't load

all i see is an apple sign with a few circles rotating

can anyone please help me :dev:

Use this: www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php then ask

Here's what I got. Any idea what is wrong? (Pics attached)

I have this exact same problem....Error 88 and nothing more. Found any solution to this?

Please I would realy like to get this working on VMWARE :)

Cheers

Same problem and error for me too.

And I dont have PATA.

Specs: Intel 3.0ghz P4 Prescott w/HT

ASUS P5gpl-X mobo

PCI ATI 9250 256mb, I've also tried a XFX PCI-E GeForce 6500

512mb RAM

80gb SATA Hdd