Natural Update-able Hackintosh?

3 posts in this topic

Hi

I'm looking to build a tower, and was wondering,

Is it possible to build a hackintosh that naturally runs and updates flawlessly as a real macintosh would?

If so, can someone guide me in the right direction as to what hardware, and software I should obtain ?

A little background about me - I've installed kalyway 10.5.2 on a dv9700t laptop last year, so I'm fairly computer literate I hope.

No PC is known to update flawlessly, however, the more compatible hardware you have the less problems you'll encounter. Usually sleepenabler.kext causes some problems.

Take a look at a Gigabyte P55 motherboard with an i5/i7, I have one myself and haven't run into many problems. One thing to note though, don't take an ATI HD5xxx series, since they're not compatible.

Hi

I'm looking to build a tower, and was wondering,

Is it possible to build a hackintosh that naturally runs and updates flawlessly as a real macintosh would?

If so, can someone guide me in the right direction as to what hardware, and software I should obtain ?

A little background about me - I've installed kalyway 10.5.2 on a dv9700t laptop last year, so I'm fairly computer literate I hope.

I agree, there is no BIOS supported PC hardware combination that can guarantee a free ride forever. Every Mac has certain attributes that a PC can not 100% copy.

Mac's are EFI, not BIOS and they use very specific hardware to make sure that Mac OS X is compatible with video cards and Ethernet chips and sound chips, etc.

The process you use to install is more important to upgradeability but selection of the hardware is also very important.

The RETAIL MacOS X installation is the least problematic when using proper hardware and A USB stick loader for installing MacOS X onto a disk drive.

My experience comes for building a Hackintosh from a bag of parts.

Gigabyte EX58-UD5 MoBoard with Intel i7 920 Quad core CPU and 12 GB DDR3 1600 RAM. An Nvidia 9800GTX+ video card and SATA disk and DVD devices.

The simplest way to install MacOS X 10.6 is using the Kakewalk USB stick installation process.

My MacHack is running 10.6.3 with audio and video processing softwares.