[Help] Snow Leopard on HP DC7900 (or DC7800)

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Finally after many months installation is completed, but now? I want try to complet configuration in my HP dc7900 Small Form Factor.

Installation was succefully with boot132 cd e Chamaleon V2 RC2... for a personal choose I decided to install bootloader only on USB key to have a better management of kext inside "extra" folder this is correct?

Kext inside "extra" folder are now:

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

IOGraphicsFamily.kext

NullCPUPowerManagment.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

System was update to 10.6.1 without problem. CPU info on System Profile are ok (Intel Core 2 Duo 3,16) but Video Card, Audio Card and Network Card doesn't. Video card is Nvidia 8400gs (low profile).

Who will help me develop this machine?

Hi guys,

Finally after many months installation is completed, but now? I want try to complet configuration in my HP dc7900 Small Form Factor.

Installation was succefully with boot132 cd e Chamaleon V2 RC2... for a personal choose I decided to install bootloader only on USB key to have a better management of kext inside "extra" folder this is correct?

Kext inside "extra" folder are now:

AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

IOGraphicsFamily.kext

NullCPUPowerManagment.kext

VoodooHDA.kext

System was update to 10.6.1 without problem. CPU info on System Profile are ok (Intel Core 2 Duo 3,16) but Video Card, Audio Card and Network Card doesn't. Video card is Nvidia 8400gs (low profile).

Who will help me develop this machine?

Hi 'Hero!!'

can you copy and paste here your smbios.plist, and com.apple.Boot.plist settings? also post your DSDT file,

I would suggest you to install either chameleon RC4 or AsereBLN 1.1.9 booter and try to start up system with Graphicenabler=yes in your com.apple.Boot.plist (before that - remove graphic kexts from Extra folder: IOGraphicsFamily.kext, AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext)

- VoodooHDA should be placed in S/L/E folder and to avoid conflicts remove AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E (back it up first), or if you don't want to remove kexts from S/L/E change your Audio Device name in DSDT from HDEF to AZAL

- for network card first check EthernetBuiltIn=yes option in com.apple.Boot.plist

good luck

s

First,

thank you very much for your replay, I hope to complete the installation and enter into magical world of Hackintosh with flyng colors!

can you copy and paste here your smbios.plist, and com.apple.Boot.plist settings? also post your DSDT file,

Mine is retail installation, I suppose that smbios.plist and com.apple.boot.plist are standard but this evening I write what you ask. My DSDT file? I don't know what it is :) Where I can find it?

I would suggest you to install either chameleon RC4 or AsereBLN 1.1.9 booter and try to start up system with Graphicenabler=yes in your com.apple.Boot.plist (before that - remove graphic kexts from Extra folder: IOGraphicsFamily.kext, AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer.kext)

I have already Chamaleon RC4 in my usbpen and I use it for boot, I'll try to insert Graphicenabler like you say.

- VoodooHDA should be placed in S/L/E folder and to avoid conflicts remove AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E (back it up first), or if you don't want to remove kexts from S/L/E change your Audio Device name in DSDT from HDEF to AZAL

Hmm ok... If I change my Audio Device name in DSDT from HDEF to AZAL what happen? I need to include other kext in Extra folder to get audio?

- for network card first check EthernetBuiltIn=yes option in com.apple.Boot.plist

Ok guy, i'll try this too!

If I add newer kext to extra folder (in usb pen) I need to repair permission?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...