Super Jumpey mouse after 4870 upgrade

Kaneda13

15 posts in this topic

I just upgraded from an 8800gts 512MB to an ATI 4870. i previously had my video drivers in my dsdt, so i went back to my stock dsdt for my board and set GraphicsEnabler=Yes. I have full QE/CI and both monitors are working, but my mouse jumps around regardless of what speed i have it set at. Thoughts anyone? Other than changing my video card, nothing else on the system changed. tried mouse the mouse to a different USB port and tried a different mouse pad, no luck. Board is a Gigabyte P55M-UD4

well

I've just change from 9800GT ( G92 Core just like 8800GT ) to 4870 like you. However, I saw no problem with my system so far ( P45 UD3L ). Both Final Cut Pro and my games work great. I don't even change anything.

are you using Leo or Snow leo ?

figured out if i plug my main monitor (x223w) in via dsub and leave my second monitor (hf199h) plugged in via hdmi, then all is fine. i'll leave it this way for now, but would really like to go back to pure digital.

...also, my second monitor will sleep now, but my main screen won't. well, it sleeps, but the screen stays on, and when you move the mouse the screen changes to whatever the current screen would be

• 2 weeks later...
figured out if i plug my main monitor (x223w) in via dsub and leave my second monitor (hf199h) plugged in via hdmi, then all is fine. i'll leave it this way for now, but would really like to go back to pure digital.

Guys,

In SL 10.6.3, I am using a MSI Ati4850 connected to a 22" LCD, via DVI as Main display, everything works perfectly.

But when I tried to connect my 17" LCD via DVA to Dsub, as a 2nd display, it doesn't work at all, only black screen; and both the "Display" and "System profiler" can't detect the 17" monitor.

Is your 4870 detect your 2nd display automatically? or do you need to modify / Install anything?

yeah, detects my second display just fine (even works with DVI just fine), just my main has to be dsub or i get tons of mouse lag.

Hi,

This is a issue with ATI 4870 cards connected to certain LCDs. I had iiyama prolite H511S and I could only use dsub otherwise there mouse was jumping every 3-4 seconds. Now I'm using Dell 2007WPF LCD connected to DVI and mouse doesn't jump. :hammer: After the latest update 10.6.3 the lag is almost gone on iiyama but I'm not using it any more 'cause mouse feels lousy/laggy on this LCD.

This is apple's bug and occurs even on real macs with 4870 cards :/

http://discussions.apple.com/message.jspa?messageID=11067086

I have the same bug with 4870 on SL.

GraphicEnabler is not best injector for this card. I use DSDT.

But once i have no lags with the mouse!!! cVad sad that problem is with IRQ... I and i am think so.

My monitor is Benq g2420wt mouses: logitech mx 518 and MS wireless laser 8000.

But once i have no lags with the mouse!!! cVad sad that problem is with IRQ... I and i am think so.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=564

Hi,

Can you share your DSDT for 4870 card?

I've forgot to ask what wersion of 4870 card you have? 1GB or 512 MB ram? I have 512.

Cheer and thanks!

I have PowerColor RADEON HD 4870 PCS 512MB - reference with 770/3900.

Maybe problem is with video rom

Problem is with monitor. When i connect via d-sub, i have no problems.

Maybe someone knows how to do DVI properly working on 4870? Monitor is BENQ G2200WT.

Netkas says that frequency could fix with SwitchResX (set to 59 Hz).