Will it run... Brand New Custom Built PC

16 posts in this topic

My computer specs are as follows: http://theblackbox.homeftp.net/Random/Desktop%20Specs.pdf

I am curious if there is a OSx distro that will run with these specifications, or anything that will possibly run. I have tried Leo4allv3 and thats it. I can boot to the disk utility but it does not list the HDs, only the CD drive. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=195248

A simple search of the threads shows that the above linked tread for the Kakewalk distro supports your chosen motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD2and has support for nVidia graphics cards. That thread is only two above your post on this forum. Did you even do any basic reasearch on your own? I think not.

When I change HD to RAID or AHCI and reboot, it gets to the windows loading screen then blue screens. Can't figure out why its doing that. I'm thinking its because I had it set as IDE when I installed win7 to begin with? I should have maybe had the RAID or AHCI option on before installing? Also, the kakewalk is distro is no where to be found, just the guide.

I'm thinking its because I had it set as IDE when I installed win7 to begin with? I should have maybe had the RAID or AHCI option on before installing? Also, the kakewalk is distro is no where to be found, just the guide.

You are thinking right. Enable IDE and boot to windows. Download and install your SATA card drivers. Once you have done this, you should be able to boot to Windows fine.

Once you have done this, try starting the SL installation and see if it then sees your drives. (you can also do this without installing the AHCI drivers, but SL may not work without AHCI support, and Windows is compatible with it if you have the right drivers installed.

I've made a custom PC as well and have been researching how to get Snow Leopard installed, I currently run snow leopard on my MSI Wind U120 but it's an intel based netbook. My custom desktop is AMD based which is even more of a hassle. So far I've managed to install OSX but a time machine kext is causing the system to reboot during boot.

Specs are:

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb

Graphics:SAPPHIRE 100283-3L Radeon HD 5770

i know this doesnt belong here but i couldnt create a new topic for some reason.

i have a dell optiplex gx400 with the following specs:

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation 82850 850 (Tehama) Chipset Host Bridge (MCH) (rev 02)

00:01.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82850 850 (Tehama) Chipset AGP Bridge (rev 02)

00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 PCI Bridge (rev 04)

00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801BA ISA Bridge (LPC) (rev 04)

00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801BA IDE U100 Controller (rev 04)

00:1f.2 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801BA/BAM USB Controller #1 (rev 04)

00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801BA/BAM SMBus Controller (rev 04)

00:1f.4 USB Controller: Intel Corporation 82801BA/BAM USB Controller #1 (rev 04)

00:1f.5 Multimedia audio controller: Intel Corporation 82801BA/BAM AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 04)

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV5 [RIVA TNT2/TNT2 Pro] (rev 15)

02:0c.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX/TX-M [Tornado] (rev 78)

P4 william 1.7ghz

i know it works with osx86 jas 10.4.8. But i cant rember what kexts, drivers etc i used

You have got to be kidding me! Follow the links click download on the next page and choose the usb or dvd version. How can you possibly say that there is not a link to the down load. It is a .dmg or . zip format depending on which method you choose. Look a little further before saying something is not there when it clearly and plainly is.

"you do not see the big red link that says "Download Kakewalk"

It is not the actual ISO though, it was a guide or something, and the guide doesn't even list where to get the kakewalk Distro

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=195248

A simple search of the threads shows that the above linked tread for the Kakewalk distro supports your chosen motherboard GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD2and has support for nVidia graphics cards. That thread is only two above your post on this forum. Did you even do any basic reasearch on your own? I think not.

Relax its not like he killed anyone

SORRY THAT IM POSTING THIS HERE AND IF ITS IN THE WRONG PLACE MY APPLOGIES BUT I CANNOT CREATE A NEW TOPIC FOR SOME REASON

hey guys, i need some help.

For some reason i cant create a new topic so im just gonna ask it here.

Im not too bad with computers but i just cant get this.

Firstly im new to this mac on pc thing. i have a dell vostro 1510. i currently have a partitioned hd with vista and 7. i have made a new partition for mac. i looked around in forums and tutorials to figure out how to install mac on pc. i ended up with http://osx86.thefreesuite.com/leo_intel.php

it told me that i needed to down load a iso file called ToH RC2. i downloaded this file and burned the image to dvd. i also checked my cpu using cpu-z. it told me i have sse2 sse3 and sse3s. it had some other things in this section.

so far i thought everything was good, because i had the intel installation and i had the right cpu.

when i restared and booted with cd i pushed f9 i think it was. i read that if you push f9 and then type -v you see an error if it appears. anyway i push f9 and type -v and click enter. i t then goes into all that code and then after about 2 minutes, the code writing goes a little smaller and it goes through what you see in the videos. the problem is, that when it gets to about 4 minutes it stops on a line that says

System/Library/StartupItems': no such file or directory

it then stays on this and nothing else happens. i have tried the installation disk on a older computer and it booted up into the mac setup, however the screen seemed depixelated and had a very bad contrast almost like there was a really bad graphics card in a game. since it worked on a older computer i assume that the problem is that i have the wrong iso file, is their a way to put your computer specs in and you can get the iso file you need or is the problem something else. so can anyone help, anything will be appreciated and just ask for any more information. thankyou in advance.