Connecting ATX to G5's Power/LED connector

Metuas

5 posts in this topic

So, I just got my G5 case, and it's got the tiny 3-pin connector for the power button and LED. What is the order of the pins' functions? I know one is power, one is the LED, and one is the ground, but I don't know in which order they are or how to connect it to a standard ATX mobo.

Sorry, I don't think I was clear. I don't have the front assembly that connects to the USB, Firewire, and power. I just have the little three-pin connection that covers the power button and LED button. I don't really want to take it out, but I'm thinking all I really can do is replace it with a standard ATX button and LED.

Sorry, I don't think I was clear. I don't have the front assembly that connects to the USB, Firewire, and power. I just have the little three-pin connection that covers the power button and LED button. I don't really want to take it out, but I'm thinking all I really can do is replace it with a standard ATX button and LED.

Yes , you can connect the standard ATX button and LED directly to the pins on the MOBO. just have to find the way to attach them to the front panel.