Which version of OSX should I use?

Dapper Dan

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

Recently I had to give my 6month old pbook 1.67 to my sister who needed it more than I, and I have missed it dearly. I've contemplated about buying a new one but don't have the funds available. So since all I have now is my windows box, I purchased a secondary hard drive which I plan to dedicate to osx. Now, my question is which version would be the most stable and compatable with my computer specs. Thanks in advance!

Pentium 4 530 (Prescott) HT

ASUS PG5D1 915G Mobo

NEC DVD-RW ND-3520A Burner

NVIDIA Geforce 6600 GT

REALTEK ALC861 Sound Card

RALINK RT2500 Wireless Nic

200GB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200.8 SATA NCQ

160GB SEAGATE BARRACUDA 7200.9 SATA NCQ (OSX Drive)

From what I've read in the wiki, I've got a good combo to have a somewhat functioning osx system without purchasing addition parts, I just want to know which version will be the most rock solid for my specs.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Hi,

I have INTEL PRO/100 VE NETWORK CONNECTION. Which version of MAC OS X should I use to be online

IF you want a really good version, you should use uphuck's v1.3 install DVD. You can find it on the green demon or in that place that people use to make very rapid shares.

It has drivers for intel pro/100.

cheers

I have a Thinkpad T60

Intel processor

ATI x1400 Radeon graphics

100 GB Sata HDD

That's really all I know. Will 10.4.9 work?

10.4.10 will also probably work. I don't know your specs. You should use CPU-Z on Windows, to check them out. But I know you have a SSE3 enabled processor.

I hope the Sata HDD doesn't give you a lot of trouble.

So, my advice is: use uphuck's v1.3 install DVD, and check it out. You have nothing to loose

Yea, I'm trying uphuck 10.4.9i r2 or something like that. I'm stuck because I'm not sure what drivers to install. I installed the x1x00 driver under the drivers/vga/ati thing but when I reboot I get a colorful screen. Anyone know what to do?

Try installing withouth choosing any drivers, to get the generic ones, and then follow this how to: http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?t...asc&start=0

But no garanties. Ok?