iPhone OS 4 beta allowances

Scottapotamas

10 posts in this topic

Well... Iphone OS 4 has been seeded to developers who get to try out the nifty new multitasking, games app for leaderboards, iBooks, upgraded mail and photo apps (inclused unified inbox, and faces)

If anyone is really desperate, I may be able to allow some people provisioning... im just not sure about how they can get the new files (300mb)

Multitasking requires a iphone 3gs, or ipod touch 3rd gen... the other updates are still available for iphone 3g and ipod 2g users....

Scott

Well... Iphone OS 4 has been seeded to developers who get to try out the nifty new multitasking, games app for leaderboards, iBooks, upgraded mail and photo apps (inclused unified inbox, and faces)

If anyone is really desperate, I may be able to allow some people provisioning... im just not sure about how they can get the new files (300mb)

Multitasking requires a iphone 3gs, or ipod touch 3rd gen... the other updates are still available for iphone 3g and ipod 2g users....

Scott

Would also be interested in this!

I don't think Apple will let you go back from the v4... It says so in their terms and conditions.. Updating from b1 to b2 and so on is fine, however, i think when it is released, you get the GM seed as a developer... and would probably jump to the public release system thereafter

ill try (btw would alt clicking restore be able to return you to 3.1.3?)

• 1 month later...

This will update your baseband so beware also yes you can downgrade to 3.1.3but you will need a file called irecovery not to hard to do but you have to use a Mac. Google downgrade to 3.1.3 with irecovery