Any graphic card out there for dual display?

Normaniac

5 posts in this topic

Hi there,

first of all, I have to say: Great site, great tutorials and thank you very much, because since yersterday I managed to install Mac OS 10.4.6 on my PC. And almost everything ist working fine. The only thing is my graphic card. I have a GeForce 6600 PCI-E with two monitors and it's not possible to get both displays running.

I read a lot at the Website of Macvidia (also a lot of help over there) and tried the drivers, but there ist no way to get both monitors working. So I thought about switching to another graphic card.

Does anyone has tried this or even has been successful in using dual view with Mac OS X on a PC? If so, then tell me please, what graphic card did you use for this? Any recommendations?

Thank you very much!!!

Cheers

Norman

Not sure if it helps, but my intel extreme video in my laptop supports dual monitors. In fact, it requires it. If you don't have an external monitor plugged in (or a piece of wire jumping pins 2 and 12 to fake an external monitor) then it won't boot OSX.

only the mobile version of the GMA9x0 support native dual display ...

for the "normal" GMA, you need ADDN card from sigma

And for the others graphics cards, just forget it ...

Use the search function next time !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Let's see if we can be perfectly clear here and note to moderator maybe close this thread.

1. EVERY TWO DAYS someone asks this same question. I would suggest you all learn how to use the search function, simply typing "dual display" will give you all the answers you need!

2. There is ONLY one way to get non-mirrored dual display on a desktop. That is if your motherboard has the GMA950 for graphics and you add an ADD2 expansion card. This card ONLY works on digital displays (DVI-D). There is currently no way to get dual non-mirrored displays with VGA output, nor can you use a DVI to VGA converter as this is not an analog signal.

3. If you are referring to dual-video on a laptop, I believe this was answered earlier in the thread.