noobie questions

jimbo4

2 posts in this topic

I have a few question about osx86 that I would like to have answered before I go out and buy new hardware.

1. How does osx run if you get the right pc for it? can you make a pc that will run it as fast as say a g5 desktop system?

2. what would be the fastest pc for it, mobo, cpu, videocard, etc. (I think this one has been answered but I just wanted everyones opinon) also how would it compare to real macs.

3. how stable is it, I know setting it up will be hard, but once its setup will it be comparable to a real mac, (in terms of stability)?

4. I have a asus k8vse with an athlon 64 2800 cpu, from what ive read my cpu is will not work, but if I could keep this mobo and just replace the cpu that would make things a bit cheaper. Will amd cpus run as well as intel on osx86, or should I just get a pentium 4?

5. If I got the right hardware is it likelly that I would run into a lot of problems during the install, I have read the install guides, and they don't seem to comlicated, but i'm not sure how many problems most people run into...

6. also will osx86 run mac software, mainlly phothoshop? and how well?

1) It'll run almost like the real thing. It might be faster then a g5 (not quite sure)

2) In mac, it wouldn't be like xp so you can't expect full or complete performance from any of the PC hardware in here

3) Its stable. I haven't been able to crash it yet

4) I would get intel cause I've read intel is more compatable with mac (not quite sure)

5) It shouldn't run into big problems but thats not a complete guarentee. There will be some problems, sometime..

6) I use photoshop on mac mainly cause its more stable then xp (I've crashed ps several times in xp... most of the time, it was just the OS freezing)... as long as you have a mac version of the software, it should install and run