Acer Aspire 5672 DSDT.aml

asstastic

10 posts in this topic

With the help of the awesome DSDTSE utility I was able to identify the errors in the Acer 5672 DSDT. I suggest anyone using my old BIOS hack revert back to the standard Acer BIOS and use this DSDT.aml file instead. I've noticed that the application stability issues in the old BIOS are gone haven't poked their ugly heads yet so there is a possibility updating will bring better stability to your system. The intel 3945 wireless card finally functions properly with the new DSDT using Voodoo Wireless.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uawnhj50yoz/DSDT.aml

I'll be doing more work in the hopes of getting display issues fixed so you might want to check by every now and then for updates. Also, if you make any of your own improvements please post them so everyone can benefit.

DSDT.aml.zip

I found a misplaced bracket in the code that was invalidating a huge section of the DSDT. I didn't actually change any of the Intel wireless code. Can't rightly remember if I use chunan's kext or not. I'm sure I installed it when I first set up the system, but I've made a lot of updates since then and there's the possibility it's been overwritten.

Not sure if power management is working. Can anyone check for me?

Also, I got my first crash while watching a video online. No warning, just a brief click sound and everything froze. Not sure what caused it but the machine sometimes BSODs in Windows for unknown reasons so it could be ageing hardware.

Additional work to be done on DSDT:

1. Add Broadcom LAN MAC address. I never could figure out how to automate changing the MAC at boot so this would be helpful. This one should also be pretty easy.

2. Add soundcard properties for vanilla sound support. I've used a variety of kexts to fix sound before but having this in the DSDT would help simplify things. This fix is well documented and should be easy as well. I don't have the Linux sound card dumps needed for the fix so if you have them please post, or better yet fix the DSDT for me ^_^.

3. Add graphics card information. I don't know if this will help resolve any display issues or not. Couldn't hurt to try. Most of the documentation for this is for newer cards so it might take a bit of experimentation to get right.

4. Fix logitech webcam. Besides the card reader, to my knowledge this is the only hardware in the 5672 that flat-out doesn't work. I have a feeling this is beyond my coding skills and those of the rest of you here.

Original (I think, my DSDT files are a bit disorganized) DSDT below

3239.txt

I found a misplaced bracket in the code that was invalidating a huge section of the DSDT.

Wow, it ships with a broken DSDT?

Maybe there's a BIOS update for it that fixes it? Or maybe they just don't give a s**t.

Nah, the original DSDT was broken but not that bad. I broke it even worse when I was fixing a cpus=1 bug. Fixed the ACPI issues but broke stuff further down in the code.

Wow, it ships with a broken DSDT?

Maybe there's a BIOS update for it that fixes it? Or maybe they just don't give a s**t.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...
With the help of the awesome DSDTSE utility I was able to identify the errors in the Acer 5672 DSDT. I suggest anyone using my old BIOS hack revert back to the standard Acer BIOS and use this DSDT.aml file instead. I've noticed that the application stability issues in the old BIOS are gone haven't poked their ugly heads yet so there is a possibility updating will bring better stability to your system. The intel 3945 wireless card finally functions properly with the new DSDT using Voodoo Wireless.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uawnhj50yoz/DSDT.aml

I'll be doing more work in the hopes of getting display issues fixed so you might want to check by every now and then for updates. Also, if you make any of your own improvements please post them so everyone can benefit.

Are you still working on Aspire 5672. I'm trying to inject audio to dsdt.aml, did a lot of things allready. just wondering maybe someone already got this thing done and i'm just killing myself for nothing. one more thing, i got my atix1400 working with radeonhd but have some mouse tearing, what about yours, is it working good, could you upload your kexts?

• 6 months later...

Hi guys,

there's a way to get a fully working dsdt for my Aspire 5670? because i've tried it, but also not errors there, i've many problem with following device:

02:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM5789 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express [14e4:169d]

Can you help me?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi guys,

there's a way to get a fully working dsdt for my Aspire 5670? because i've tried it, but also not errors there, i've many problem with following device:

02:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Broadcom Corporation NetLink BCM5789 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express [14e4:169d]

Can you help me?

Thanks

i don't think bcm5789 is gonna work. if you want i can give you my dsdt with some extra fixes (PRB, AHCI, HPET, cpus=1 completely fixed) still working on speedstep code. Btw, also woking on creating ati x1400 personalities.