which distro?

15 posts in this topic

You could try Hazard 10.6.2, but I'm not sure if your wireless is supported. Best is to install it, check out what's not working and try to fix it yourself (or ask here of course).

distro dvd hangs at the apple logo now what?

Search the forum for the 'Still waiting for root device' error and see if it works. This error basically means that SL couldn't find a device to boot from, which may occur if you're using and IDE drive or didn't set SATA to AHCI in the BIOS.

If you still encounter problems, it's possible that your chipset isn't supported. You could try a USB CD drive.

Search the forum for the 'Still waiting for root device' error and see if it works. This error basically means that SL couldn't find a device to boot from, which may occur if you're using and IDE drive or didn't set SATA to AHCI in the BIOS.

If you still encounter problems, it's possible that your chipset isn't supported. You could try a USB CD drive.

but how do I then change the bios?

but how do I then change the bios?

It will show on motherboard POST. But if you don't know how to enter BIOS, I'm not sure that Hackintoshing is for you. While guides have made it extremely easy (relatively speaking) its not exactly plug-n-play, especially just throwing it on any old computer you have lying around. If you really want to do this, I suggest learning a little more about the inner workings of computers and Hackintoshing. Also, follow a guide for SPECIFIC hardware. It will make your life much easier and your install MUCH less complicated, and you will have a community of people using the same guide and hardware to troubleshoot with. By all means, continue on your Hackintosh adventure, but just learning a little more will help you tons. ;) Have Fun!