Intel GMA950 - Snow Leoard

JavaKrypt

11 posts in this topic

I know the GMA950 supports QE/CI, but I can't get them working with the endless attempts I've made. I've fixed the resoloution problems by using the kexts for GMA950 that were working inside Leopard. Which supports and makes QE/CI work.

Copying these to Snow Leopard doesn't enable QE/CI at all. I have tried using Quartz Debug inside XCode, but I enable them and they don't do anything. They make ZERO difference. They don't stick after closing it either. I've also tried using Quartz Simpler, likewise, doesn't make a difference. This says all together that QE isn't even supported unter tools - even though I know the GMA950 chip does support it!

Anyone have a fix? EVERYTHING else buy QE/CI is working on my SL installation. My hardware can be found through Google/previous posts. I'm using a Sony VAIO VGN-N11MW.

I know the GMA950 supports QE/CI, but I can't get them working with the endless attempts I've made. I've fixed the resoloution problems by using the kexts for GMA950 that were working inside Leopard. Which supports and makes QE/CI work.

Copying these to Snow Leopard doesn't enable QE/CI at all. I have tried using Quartz Debug inside XCode, but I enable them and they don't do anything. They make ZERO difference. They don't stick after closing it either. I've also tried using Quartz Simpler, likewise, doesn't make a difference. This says all together that QE isn't even supported unter tools - even though I know the GMA950 chip does support it!

Anyone have a fix? EVERYTHING else buy QE/CI is working on my SL installation. My hardware can be found through Google/previous posts. I'm using a Sony VAIO VGN-N11MW.

Try this post

GMA950

The OP has a Sony with a GMA950. It worked on my GMA950 (dell d430). Good luck.

I'm assuming you already have SL installed. What's in the /extra folder? Any graphic kexts?

Try this post

GMA950

The OP has a Sony with a GMA950. It worked on my GMA950 (dell d430). Good luck.

I'm assuming you already have SL installed. What's in the /extra folder? Any graphic kexts?

Cheers, giving these a try now. Already have everything par QE/CI working so the GMA kexts only apply for now. Installing them now. And yeah, SL is installed, pretty much out the box. And in /Extras I only have AppleIntelPIIXATA.kext & AppleIntelPIIXATA2.kext inside /Extensions. Everything else is inside S/L/E.

THANK YOU, THANK YOU! They work perfectly! :)!

i just installed the "Snow_Leopard_10.6.1-10.6.2_Intel_AMD_made_by_Hazard"

i got it boot and everything is kinda working...

the thing i wondering is this:

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2772

Revision ID: 0x0002

Displays:

Display Connector:

W9006S-N:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

where the hell is "QUARTZ EXTREME"???

the toolbar is transparent tough? does that mean that quartz extreme is enabled?

is it activated or do i need a some special intel gma950 kext?

please help me out!?!

Intel GMA 950:

Displays:

Display Connector:

W9006S-N:

the toolbar is transparent tough? does that mean that quartz extreme is enabled?

please help me out!?!

Your menu bar is translucent, therefore Quartz and Core Image are working, Snow Leopard doesn't display any information regarding Quartz and CI inside System Profiler like Leopard did, because ALL Macs support QE/CI, so Apple decided to leave that information out.

Your menu bar is translucent, therefore Quartz and Core Image are working, Snow Leopard doesn't display any information regarding Quartz and CI inside System Profiler like Leopard did, because ALL Macs support QE/CI, so Apple decided to leave that information out.

thanks sooo much for the info dude!

this little thing drove me crazy haha

have a good week wherever you are!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Is there a way to enable display rotation with this card?

I have a Toshiba R400, almost working perfect with Snow 10.6.3, exceptions are rotation of course, wireless(3495g), most of the screen controls and fingertip reader but i can live without them.

But with rotation i could almost perfectly use it as a tablet.

Does anyone has a clue?

Thanks.

Really doubt you will get rotation working with it, it would have to be coded into the driver for your specific computer. Rotation does work with external Mac displays after I just did a bit of research on the matter, but not really with hackintosh's.

Try reading this thread

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/general-ma...ow-leopard.html

Really doubt you will get rotation working with it, it would have to be coded into the driver for your specific computer. Rotation does work with external Mac displays after I just did a bit of research on the matter, but not really with hackintosh's.

Try reading this thread

http://www.mydellmini.com/forum/general-ma...ow-leopard.html

Thanks JavaKrypt for your reply.

You maybe right, it is very difficult to enable it, but its possible, there's no hardware limitation only a software one. If you read the thread you reference, i've already been there, in 10.6 apple made the cmd+option trick possible but doesn't work with my current drivers(lastest from 10.6.3). My opinion is that it have something to do with appleIntelFrameBuffer kext but i could be wrong. That kext resolved the resolution problem but its a bit obscure how things are done there.

Anyways trying to find out, thanks.

• 6 months later...

Intel GMA 950:

Displays:

Display Connector:

W9006S-N:

please help me out!?!

Hello,

I have tested to install the same distrib on dell D430 and for me, thats impossible... i check and recheck. with and without a lot of drivers, kext.. etc

Can you please tell me how can you install exactly with this distribution ?

Many Thanks

KafAr