What's the best program to use to voice chat to a PC user?

marco772

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but I've tried Googling it and not come up with a clear answer yet!

As Adium and MSN do not support voice chat for the mac, what's the best program to use (that doesn't involve a massive amount of farting about) that will allow me to, at the very least, HEAR the other person even if I just have to type?

This is, of course, assuming the other person is a PC user.

I'm told Yahoo can do this by some and then others say it can't. I've set up an AIM account to use with ichat, but again, don't know if this will actually work.

And, even if it does, does this mean the other person will need an AIM account too?

It's annoying that PC users can take this for granted. Download MSN, install and chat. I don;t see why it has to be so problematic on the allegedly superior mac.

I have a hackintosh, but I don't think this will make any difference.

If anyone can offer some practical advice on how voice chats (preferably incorporating an MSN or Yahoo account) can be achieved on a mac, it will be very much appreciated! I'm finding it a very frustrating question to get answered!

Thanks

Mark

P.S. I have Skype and that works, but I think you can only Skype to Skype, which isn't so useful...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...