No QE/CI on EAX1600XT - everything else is perfect!

8 posts in this topic

I need your help!!

I recently installed OSX86 10.4.6 (+10.4.7 update) on my compitable PC! I running with a EAX1600XT slient from ASUS, and from the beginning, after deleting the ATI kexts, it showed up in native resolution (1680x1050) via DVI, with rotation, sleep ect working. The only thing I cannot giet to work is QE and CI - and I KNOW that it can work, because several memebers in here have reported that the EAX1600XT is one of the best cars for OSX86! So I must be doing something wrong!?

I tried editing the ATIX1000Radeon kexts (Boris method) - that gave me full resolution ect, but NO EQ/CI. I then tried the Boris' patch (the one from NeoPheus) and when it boots into OSX86 it gives me A LOT of artifacts, both with VGA DVI, and after a while it just hangs and I can't do anything!? I actually got to check the info about 'My Mac' before it began to hang, at it showed me that the QE and CI was supported! So that must mean the it is possible!??

What do I do???

I think you have to use ATI kexts from 10.4.5 in order to tweak them in "Boris Badenov style".

If I remember correctly, I read about some members with similar experiences in BorisBadenov thread. Luckily somewhere in the first 10 pages...

Where can get those?

That means that I can keep using 10.4.7 but Ijust need to copy the 10.4.5 kexts into the extensions folder???

READ the topic, try to understand the "hack" and do it... :D

Rgds.