G5 to ATX Front I/O Cables

enjoyfebruary

540 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Aloahcab, I was very happy with t his cable when it arrived but it doesnt seem to be able to turn my pc on, when ever i click the on button, it just shows the light until i lift my finger off it, its not the system as i can jump start it, i have a firewire card so i believe ground is sorted.. my mother board is a gigabyte z77-d3h

Cheers

Dion

• 2 weeks later...

** US Postal Rate Increase 1-27-13 **

Just letting everyone know that the postal rates have gone up, effective today. What does this mean for the US? Not too much. But for the International community it's disastrous. Yesterday I was able to ship cables via Flat Rate International Priority mail for $18 and today it's going to cost $25. That's over 40% increase in costs and I apologize for the high cost.

** US Postal Rate Increase 1-27-13 **

Just letting everyone know that the postal rates have gone up, effective today. What does this mean for the US? Not too much. But for the International community it's disastrous. Yesterday I was able to ship cables via Flat Rate International Priority mail for $18 and today it's going to cost $25. That's over 40% increase in costs and I apologize for the high cost.

Did you need any more than the amount I paypaled yesterday to cover this increase? I just based it on your email info.

No you're good. Mostly affects the international shipments and all new orders. I got hit by the price increase on a couple of orders I got before today, since I was late shipping them and wasn't smart enough to print the postage prior to the increase, I'm going to stick to my pricing I emailed everyone who ordered, but new pricing will take effect today.

Thanks for asking.

AlohaCab

No you're good. Mostly affects the international shipments and all new orders. I got hit by the price increase on a couple of orders I got before today, since I was late shipping them and wasn't smart enough to print the postage prior to the increase, I'm going to stick to my pricing I emailed everyone who ordered, but new pricing will take effect today.

Thanks for asking.

AlohaCab

Cool. Looking forward to getting the cable. Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

Aloha,

I hooked everything up and the cable worked perfectly for the USB, the LED, and the power button. I haven't had an opportunity to test the firewire yet. I don't own any firewire devices. I did however, notice an issue with the front headphone jack. It's not the end of the world or anything (as I have a headphone jack on the speakers I use), but the sound for some reason I can't figure out, audio cuts in and out repeatedly when playing through the front headphone jack. If you have any suggestions as to what might be causing such an issue, please let me know and I'll try out any thoughts you have. Otherwise, thanks for the cable. It works great!

I should note that I did request the audio jumper on my cable and that my mobo is the GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with Dual Thunderbolt

• 1 month later...

The headphone jack seems to be a hit or miss issue. Hopefully people with more experience can post success with their cable and specify which motherboard they were using.

I no longer am posting the shipping status on the forum. It got to be an unnecessary step and it tends to clog up the forum for people looking for more information than my shipping status.

I will respond to you directly via email when your cable ships.

Thanks,

AlohaCab

• 1 month later...

I bought one of AlohaCab's cables and it mostly works. I'm hoping one of you all can offer some advice directly or point me to some answers.

My problems are no power button, no power led, no audio. My usb port works and firewire port works, which is plugged into a SYBA 2 Ports PCI-E IEEE 1394A Firewire Card Model SY-PEX30001.

I'm running an asus p9x79 pro mobo with a core i7 3930k running on Windows 7 at the moment. I haven't tried doing the hackintosh yet until I get this resolved.

Needless to say, this is strange. AlohaCab told me he thinks it's a grounding issue, but I don't know how I would resolve that, especially since the firewire and usb ports work.

You've all noticed that the connectors on this cable for power and power led only come with a single positive connection, no ground connections. I thought I remember seeing that it was supposed to be grounded through the firewire connection. Is that right? I'm not really sure how to find the grounding problem or how to determine if it's something unique to my motherboard that isn't compatible with the way AlohaCab has done the wiring.

I'm at the point where I'm getting ready to tear down my rig and wire up my own cable. I'm tired of having to leave my side panel open and powering up by reaching in with a pen to press the on board power button everytime.

If anyone out there has any suggestions, or AlohaCab if you have any other ideas, I'd sure love to hear them. I don't have the tools or the experience to do this kind of wiring, so I'm really not looking forward to it, but I also really want/need an external power button. I don't even care abou the led or audio at this point.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer.

• 2 weeks later...

The headphone jack seems to be a hit or miss issue. Hopefully people with more experience can post success with their cable and specify which motherboard they were using.

I no longer am posting the shipping status on the forum. It got to be an unnecessary step and it tends to clog up the forum for people looking for more information than my shipping status.

I will respond to you directly via email when your cable ships.

Thanks,

AlohaCab

I'd like to buy this cable.

thanks,

snnail

• 5 weeks later...