Acer Aspire 5920

oldnapalm

109 posts in this topic

It's this kext, put it in /System/Library/Extensions

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&id=65920

If you are using 10.6.4 also install this AppleHDA

http://www.mediafire.com/?khmky1qwzzz

Hello again oldnapalm!

First of all thanks for all your hints, help and support!

Unfortunately the 2 kexts above you suggested me didn't work, so I think I don't have the ALC883 audio chipset, and I think it's an ALC888... even if i'm not very sure.

So, after I installed the 2 kexts above, and I saw that after reboot there was no speaker icon and no audio at all, I deleted them from the Extensions folder and installed again the voodooHDA 2.7.2 package.

The positive thing is that I installed also the DSDT patcher for 5920 here in this thread, which generated a dsdt.aml which I copied to the extra folder...and guess what, magically now the AUDIO plays well, without the need to keep my hand over the touchpad or moving the mouse, so I think that somehow... this patcher solved my issue!

Also I have noticed that even the "Sleep" function works... and I didn't even install any kexts about it.... same for cmos fix, I had no kext installed, and the bios doesn't reset anymore! Can you confirm that it's all inside the dsdt patcher?

The only problem i noticed now, is that after the laptop recovers from sleep the audio then makes a big noise (a strange and loud water trouble noise!) and you have to log-off and log-in to make it come back to normal.

But I think that maybe this is a problem related to the Voodoohda kext.

I might try to replace it with the standard modified AppleHDA and HDAenable combination, for ALC888.. and see if with them, after a recovery from a SLEEP, the audio is still well...

What do you think?

Also I have noticed that even the "Sleep" function works... and I didn't even install any kexts about it.... same for cmos fix, I had no kext installed, and the bios doesn't reset anymore! Can you confirm that it's all inside the dsdt patcher?

DTGP

ALC888

IRQs

RENAMED DEVICES

RTC

SBUS

EHCI

PNLF

FIX WARNINGS

Yes, as Maldon replied, the patcher fixes sleep and CMOS reset.

The only problem i noticed now, is that after the laptop recovers from sleep the audio then makes a big noise (a strange and loud water trouble noise!) and you have to log-off and log-in to make it come back to normal.

But I think that maybe this is a problem related to the Voodoohda kext.

I might try to replace it with the standard modified AppleHDA and HDAenable combination, for ALC888.. and see if with them, after a recovery from a SLEEP, the audio is still well...

What do you think?

I do hear a "pop" sound when audio is first played after waking from sleep, but it immediately works fine again, no need to logoff and login, so I think it's a VoodooHDA problem.

You don't need HDAEnabler since the patcher fixes HDEF in DSDT, you need only the patched AppleHDA (or vanilla 10.6.2) and the Acer5920HDA linked in the first post. It should work for you as its original name was Acer5920GHDA, I just renamed it to Acer5920HDA since it worked in my laptop.

• 2 months later...

Boas!

Alguem me pode ajudar a aplicar o dsdt? Ja tive a ler as indicações no primeiro post mas nao consigo perceber as alterações a serem feitas! O que preciso apenas neste momento é activar o QE/CI da placa gráfica, de resto graças as vossas ajudas tenho tudo a funcionar direito!

Obrigado

toohinc

Boas!

Alguem me pode ajudar a aplicar o dsdt? Ja tive a ler as indicações no primeiro post mas nao consigo perceber as alterações a serem feitas! O que preciso apenas neste momento é activar o QE/CI da placa gráfica, de resto graças as vossas ajudas tenho tudo a funcionar direito!

Obrigado

toohinc

use o sistema em 32, digite arch=i386

use o auto patcher

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=235523

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire 5920G with this hardware:

Core2 Duo T7300 2.0GHz, 800MHz FSB, Cache 4MB L2

RAM 2GB DDR2

Hard Disk: 160GB

Graphic Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT Turbo Cache

Audio: Realtek Intel HD Audio ALC888 HD

BIOS version: 1.3813

I installed hazard snow leopard version 10.6.2 and updated to snow leopard 10.6.6.

I use chameleon boot loader V2.0 RC3 and I use dual boot with windows seven (64bit) and leo 10.6.6.

All works excepts the wifi 3945ABG so I ordered a pci mini expres card BCM94321MC from here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=190440123283 but I'll receive it next week.

I have only a serious problem under windows seven: the sleep and hibernate functions doesn't works :-(

I used DSDT-Auto patcher on this forum to generate a dsdt file selecting 5920 from the menu of the app but hibernate function doesn't works; in windows seven when I try to go into hibernate mode the screen become black but it doesn't go to power off and if I click one button on my keyboard the screen lights ad I can use windows as if I hadn't done anything!

Can you help me?

In attach you can find the dsdt.aml that now I'm using.

thank you

dsdt.zip

Patched DSDT.aml won't affect Windows, just Mac OS X. Does sleep work in Mac OS?

Hibernation problems in Windows are usually related to the "system reserved" partition. If you partition the HD before installing Windows 7, it won't create that partition and suspend/hibernate should work fine.

Patched DSDT.aml won't affect Windows, just Mac OS X. Does sleep work in Mac OS?

Hibernation problems in Windows are usually related to the "system reserved" partition. If you partition the HD before installing Windows 7, it won't create that partition and suspend/hibernate should work fine.

Before installing MAC OS X I had two partitions on my HD: the first one with windows seven(64 bit) installed and the second one with my data; I used the tool inside windows seven to resize the second partiton to a third partition (25GB) where then I have formatted in MAC OSX Journailed by disk utility of snow leopard DVD installation's boot and installed it.

I'm newbie of MAC OS how can I try if in MAC OS the sleep works? Now I'm at work but I remember that in the menu of leopard I see “Restart,” “Shut Down,” and “Log Out and I don't see Sleep; this evening i check and try it.

But can you tell me if my attached dsdt it's ok and how can I restore suspend/hibernate in windows seven?

thank you

DSDT looks fine, patches are there.

About hibernation in Windows 7, try turning off hybrid sleep

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows...asked-questions

Ok I'll try it before reinstalling windows seven; I hope it will resolve the problem :(

Another question about that: I had noticed that when I power on my laptop when I boot into Snow leopard by Chameleon boot I see in the upper left corner this message: "Hibernate image is too old by 67592 seconds. Use ForceWake=y to override". If I set ForceWake=y into com.apple.Boot.plist on the next reboot i see this message now:

"header read size 200

Incorrect image signature

pci root uid not found

efi_inject_get_devprop_string NULL trying stringdata"

Could be it the problem of the hibernate/sleep mode in windwos seven? What are the messages listed above?

thanks

No, I believe there's no relation.

You can run

sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage

and won't see that message.

H oldnapalm, I used your commands and now I don't see anymore the message: "header read size 200

Incorrect image signature" but I stell see :

"pci root uid not found

what is it?

But now I have 2 serious problem:

1) In the MAC OS menu I see only :"Restart","Shut Down" "LogOut","Stop" and I don't see sleep/standby why?

2)The most important problem is that now if I try to Restart\Shut Down the system it doesn't works!! I must power off the system manually! But if I enable 64 bit extensions(adding arch=X86_64 in the com.Boot.apple.plist file) they works unlike 32bit system version(arch=i386) Maybe I'm using some bad kexts :( Can you tell me what are the kexts operating with restart\shut down?

can you help me?

thankyou

H oldnapalm, I used your commands and now I don't see anymore the message: "header read size 200

Incorrect image signature" but I stell see :

"pci root uid not found

what is it?

I never saw the first one. The second is a debug message left by mistake. Are you using Chameleon RC4?

1) In the MAC OS menu I see only :"Restart","Shut Down" "LogOut","Stop" and I don't see sleep/standby why?

No idea, really.

2)The most important problem is that now if I try to Restart\Shut Down the system it doesn't works!! I must power off the system manually! But if I enable 64 bit extensions(adding arch=X86_64 in the com.Boot.apple.plist file) they works unlike 32bit system version(arch=i386) Maybe I'm using some bad kexts :( Can you tell me what are the kexts operating with restart\shut down?

Restart also doesn't work for me, but shutdown works OOB. I need arch=i386 because my laptop has X3100 video which kexts are 32 bit only.

I never saw the first one. The second is a debug message left by mistake. Are you using Chameleon RC4?

No idea, really.

Restart also doesn't work for me, but shutdown works OOB. I need arch=i386 because my laptop has X3100 video which kexts are 32 bit only.

Hi, now I'm using Chameleon 2.0 RC3 do you advice to use RC4 ?

But i don't remember exactly when (if before enabling 64 bit version or before installing some kexts) but after the snow leopard installation Restart and shutdownd worked :-(

Now I'm using these kexts installed:

VoodooBattery.kext

NVEnabler 64.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

IOUSBFamily.kext

IOPCMCIAFamily.kext

HDAEnabler.kext

ClamshellDisplay.kext

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext

AppleHDA.kext

Can you explain if the kexts above are needed and please if you can explain me the meaning of each one?

Can you suggest me a workaround to try to adjust the restart/shutdown problem?

thank you very much

If shutdown and restart worked before, try to undo the changes you did to find out what is preventing it from working.

About the kexts, all I use are on the first post of this topic.

VoodooBattery.kext - needed

NVEnabler 64.kext - my video is Intel (in your case it could be replaced by GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon RC4, EFI string or DSDT patch)

OpenHaltRestart.kext - makes no difference to me

IOUSBFamily.kext - I don't need it

IOPCMCIAFamily.kext - I don't need it

HDAEnabler.kext - can be replaced by HDEF DSDT patch

ClamshellDisplay.kext - can be replaced by PLNF DSDT patch

AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext - needed, as well as VoodooPS2 or ApplePS2

AppleHDA.kext - needed

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I'm having a lot of freezes on my Acer 5920, everything works fine, webcam without cam twist, audio with appleHDA kext found in other forum, but when opening multiple apps an working between them makes Lion to freeze or show the turn off your mac by pressing the power button. With the dsdt posted on the first post shows the black screen, without or with patched dsdt freeze the system, only works mouse nothing else. Any ideas?...

Try setting SMboardproduct, I had slowdown problems since 10.6.8 without it, it may be causing the overheat.

Are you using native power management? Don't use NullCPUPowerManagement, native PM works fine, just set SMproductname as MacBookPro5,1.

I'm not using NullCpuPowerManagement or similar... and in smbios : SMproductname as MacBookPro5,1.

I don't know why i always get that error, It happens when I'm working with various apps that are graphic intense like iTunes, jdownloader, photo booth, fluid, safari youtube, mail and msn messenger... it hangs after an hour or less.. CPUA and CPUB gets 50º max 55º...