Finally got my OSX to fully work, thank you InsanelyMac

DraggyGarg

2 posts in this topic

Hello,

Recently I got a new Mac Box Set(Snow Leo + iLife 09) for trying my luck with a hackintosh, borrowed my dad's Macbook for the stuff and it turned out quite well! Now I have a dualbooted system with Mac OSX 10.6.2 and Windows 7 RC 64 bit, working in tip top condition. Thanks to this forum and its guides, it was a great help to me. Here are my full specs :

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

EP45-UD3R Motherboard (Sound chip : ALC889a, fully working)

4GB DDR2 RAM

XFX Radeon HD4890 (Fully working with resolution change, QE and CI. Didn't test dual displays, don't have them)

500GB Seagate Barracuda (80GB Mac OSX, 420GB Windows)

Samsung Syncmaster T220 22" 1680 x 1050 monitor

Altec Lansing T612 speakers

WG111v3 Wi-Fi dongle

Thanks, once again.

• 2 months later...
Hello,

Recently I got a new Mac Box Set(Snow Leo + iLife 09) for trying my luck with a hackintosh, borrowed my dad's Macbook for the stuff and it turned out quite well! Now I have a dualbooted system with Mac OSX 10.6.2 and Windows 7 RC 64 bit, working in tip top condition. Thanks to this forum and its guides, it was a great help to me. Here are my full specs :

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550

EP45-UD3R Motherboard (Sound chip : ALC889a, fully working)

4GB DDR2 RAM

XFX Radeon HD4890 (Fully working with resolution change, QE and CI. Didn't test dual displays, don't have them)

500GB Seagate Barracuda (80GB Mac OSX, 420GB Windows)

Samsung Syncmaster T220 22" 1680 x 1050 monitor

Altec Lansing T612 speakers

WG111v3 Wi-Fi dongle

Thanks, once again.

Good afternoon. I see from your post that you have just about the same setup as mine. Can I ask you how you are able to dual boot? It looks like you have just one drive. Did you format the drive as MBR or Guid, and then the respective partitions in guid and fat32? I have two drives, each one dedicated to their respective OS's, and whenever I run Mac OS with the windows drive plugged in, it ruins my Mac install, or I should say the bootloader. Without the windows drive connected the mac side runs beautifully. Let me know your thoughts if I may.

Thanks,

MikeD