iWork 09 and iLife 09

12 posts in this topic

Has anyone gotten these two sets of apps working properly in a SL VM? I can install and open them, but all I get, even with templates, are blank screens. The page thumbnails in Pages are black as well. I cant figure it out, VMware tools are installed, and OS X and the iLife and iWork suite are fully updated

Has anyone gotten these two sets of apps working properly in a SL VM? I can install and open them, but all I get, even with templates, are blank screens. The page thumbnails in Pages are black as well. I cant figure it out, VMware tools are installed, and OS X and the iLife and iWork suite are fully updated

Won't work as need QE/CI support in VMware graphics driver. There is development work going on but doesn't work yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Ive got the same problem. Ive got snow leopard and when ever i open keynote, pages, or numbers, and select a template, all i get is a blank screen

If you could find any info on that it would be really really great junoty, i have the same problem : /

Hopefully vmsvga2 will have it fixed soon !

As I said it doesn't work and there are no hacks to make it work. We need Zenith432 to do more work, but I haven't seen him here for some time, and the last code updates were nearly 2 months ago. Bottom line is do not use VMware if you are depenedent on 3D accelerated graphics or QE/CI. Also whilst audio is OK again I would not base important work on using it in a VMware SL guest.

• 1 month later...

Got the same problem on Leopard 10.5.8. At both iLife and iWork. For me the thumbnails work even switching the between similiar thumbnails at mouse over but as I load one, it only gives white screen.

Would be great if someone could figure out whats wrong.

I installed VMsvga2 v.1.2.2

and vmware tools

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...