Best Mainboard with Intel 915 Chipset and GMA 900

14 posts in this topic

Hi I just checked the wiki for a good Intel 915 Mainboard with a GMA 900 Video Card.

There are some different products. What do you guys think ist the best Mainboard for a Intel Mac OS X Hacintosh ?

I bought a Asus P5GV-MX. everything works flawlessly out of the box using Jas 10.4.6 prepatched DVD. Just make sure you disable the serial and parallel ports before OS installation. GMA 900 full QE/CI. Paid $95 CDN for it a month ago.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
I bought a Asus P5GV-MX. everything works flawlessly out of the box using Jas 10.4.6 prepatched DVD. Just make sure you disable the serial and parallel ports before OS installation. GMA 900 full QE/CI. Paid $95 CDN for it a month ago.

I am planning to build ( first timer) with this board. Does it matter what Specific processors as long as it's compatible with this board?

Or I should cross reference the Mac OS X version with HCL and the processor for LGA775 for example.

I have an Intel 915 GAGL Socket 755. Everything works fully with a few minor tweaks to JAS's 10.4.8 release.

Instal Semthex kernal, Azalia Audio.kext and GMA 900.kext to get a fully working system. Kext and disc permissions require repairing.

I'll support 386dx's comment on the D915GAGL board...It works right out of the box...Audio, LAN, SATA, IDE, Video (I'm running at 1680X1050) CI and QE both supported. My question is...does anyone know of a Pentium D motherbaord that works this well?

• 7 months later...
the best mobo for osx86 is the Intel D915GAG.evrything works to perfection fully and nativlly with NO patches. I am runing 10.4.7 on it

I have a same board as you but darwin 10.4.6 doesn't seem to work, there an errorn on reboot after i press -v it load a multiple "loading HFS etc. etc." then after it load a blank screen appear and after a minute or to it will start again then the same error i get , i installed it 10 times but still same error i get, if you know the solution, i will be glad and thank you.

this is not just for me, its for everybody who has encounter the same error as mine.

thank you