Asus 4870 and Dual displays

turtle2472

4 posts in this topic

So going through the threads in search for my situation I've not seen anything that speaks to my issue directly. I'm looking to run dual displays on my hack and my graphics card has been great until adding the second display. Is running a dual display system that challenging for a hack?

The Asus EAH4870 DK 1G works awesome for a normal card with the exception of some odd artifacting in Aperture on occasion. How ever, since adding my second display my mouse seems less responsive. It stutters and isn't anywhere near as responsive as it used to be. Is this a common problem or am I in this one alone?

I booted into Win7 and it is great there. No issue at all so we know the card is physically good. Is there something I can do to fix this? Is there another card that's going to work with dual monitors and be near this quality? I'd be OK with buying a new graphics card since I have to get one for an HTPC I'm building. I'll move this card over to it and replace it with a more functional card.

Forgot: 10.6.2, i7 920, 4870, 6GB

This mouse lag happens with certain displays only like on my IIYAMA ProLite H511s but does not happen on Dell 2007WFP display. Most probably it's a driver's bug or somethin' :/

You can try pluging your second LCD through DVI to D-SUB converter. Maybe this will help.