Intel wireless 2200

12 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
I am still using UBUNTU 6 on my IBM T42p besause ipw 2200 driver works?

Cannot we use the ubuntu driver for example?? Can this version be adapted for Mac OS X86???

You cannot use a binary device driver from a totally different OS.

Even in FreeBSD, which has some sort of Linux emulation mode, the only thing you can load is userland programs.

From Linux we know that developers are using ugly firmware inside the driver-code to make things happen.

So back to OS X:

Like Pukos says: "As in the previous versions, all the intel chipset wifi card won't work with any drivers.

Check the HCL."

There is no other remedie then to buy an appropriate wireless card.

Buy a card which has a chipset with open specifications and you 're set for most operating ystems.

Cheers, Solaris Bob

Pukos,

I am curious about your card. I'm reasearching cards right now (the past 3 days) to try to find one for my HP dv1000 US notebook. I've got the Intell 2200b/g Mini PCI card that comes with it, but I need/want one that works. I was going to try the Broadcom 4309 Mini PCI card that everyone has been saying worked, but it is not listed as compatible in 10.4.6/7 which is what I'm using (initial 10.4.6 from JaS then 10.4.7 upgrade by JaS).

Is your card Mini PCI, or what? I'd like to try it if it is! Where did you get it and how much did you pay for it? Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks so much!!!!

Pukos,

I am curious about your card. I'm reasearching cards right now (the past 3 days) to try to find one for my HP dv1000 US notebook. I've got the Intell 2200b/g Mini PCI card that comes with it, but I need/want one that works. I was going to try the Broadcom 4309 Mini PCI card that everyone has been saying worked, but it is not listed as compatible in 10.4.6/7 which is what I'm using (initial 10.4.6 from JaS then 10.4.7 upgrade by JaS).

Is your card Mini PCI, or what? I'd like to try it if it is! Where did you get it and how much did you pay for it? Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks so much!!!!

I don't know why it isn't listened in the HCL... i'll insert.

Anyway, is a MiniPCI DELL TrueMobile 1450 with Broadcom BCM4309M chipset.

I bought it from ebay, payed 20€ (used).This was the auction

Is fully compatible with the 10.4.6 and with the new Jas upgrade 10.4.7 without any tricks

I don't know why it isn't listened in the HCL... i'll insert.

Anyway, is a MiniPCI DELL TrueMobile 1450 with Broadcom BCM4309M chipset.

I bought it from ebay, payed 20€ (used).This was the auction

Is fully compatible with the 10.4.6 and with the new Jas upgrade 10.4.7 without any tricks

:blink: You just made my day... :D I've been trying to hard that I woke up to 2 voicemails today from eBayers trying to sell me their card, I just didn't know which one was confirmed working :) :)

I'll let you all know how it goes when I finally get mine...

Pukos, again, thanks a million!

I just gave up with 2200 BG!

I bought an Atheron AR5212 Mini Pci card from Ebay (28€, shipping included) and guess what : It works out of the box.

I'm so happy to post it here without a cable around my legs!

For people with toshiba laptops and two left hands (like me), some disassembly instructions can be found at http://www.irisvista.com/tech/index.htm, easy to follow to change the mini pci card.

I hope this helps

Edit:To moderators : You can add this card to HCL for 10.4.6. Just plug in and it works!

Just for example, the references of this card can be found here :

http://cgi.ebay.fr/CARTE-ATHEROS-WIFI-MINI...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not the seller, it's just for the references...

Edit 2 : Typos...

I just gave up with 2200 BG!

I bought an Atheron AR5212 Mini Pci card from Ebay (28€, shipping included) and guess what : It works out of the box.

I'm so happy to post it here without a cable around my legs!

For people with toshiba laptops and two left hands (like me), some disassembly instructions can be found at http://www.irisvista.com/tech/index.htm, easy to follow to change the mini pci card.

I hope this helps

Edit:To moderators : You can add this card to HCL for 10.4.6. Just plug in and it works!

Just for example, the references of this card can be found here :

http://cgi.ebay.fr/CARTE-ATHEROS-WIFI-MINI...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm not the seller, it's just for the references...

Edit 2 : Typos...

That's pretty sweet, it has 108 mpbs support as well... pretty good! Um... what type of computer are you using? I just don't want to have my HP BIOS block that out... Congrats

Oops, how retarded could I be? Sorry! And thanks! :blink:

I just got done using the HP Support Live Chat to see if the Atheros will work with my HP dv1000, and the guy thinks it will. I found one for like 35 bucks or something, in Australia (including shipping) so I'll see... it has a few days left...

I'm torn between that one and the approved Broadcomm chip that people say will work in OS X and HP also lists as a compatible piece on their website...

Anybody got an opinion?