OSX86 is very slow! (in my PC)

paco19

14 posts in this topic

Hi.

I have Pentiun 4 2.53, Abit IS7-G (Intel 865G), 1gb ram, HD sata with 2 partitions (XP and OSX-86 Tiger), Geforce4 Ti4200, etc, etc.

I installed "tiger-x86.tar.bz2" in native mode (dual boot) but it is very slow (Xbench = 8).

The process "mach kernel" is 100% CPU and sistem is very slow.

I instaled maxxuss .4

Any idea?

Hi.

I have Pentiun 4 2.53, Abit IS7-G (Intel 865G), 1gb ram, HD sata with 2 partitions (XP and OSX-86 Tiger), Geforce4 Ti4200, etc, etc.

I installed "tiger-x86.tar.bz2" in native mode (dual boot) but it is very slow (Xbench = 8).

The process "mach kernel" is 100% CPU and sistem is very slow.

I instaled maxxuss .4

Any idea?

Read this:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...for_some_of_you

I've tried to moved the file "AppleTPMACPI.kext" to trash in order to boost up the speed. However, when I logout, the system will hang. So, I have to either press the power button or reset button.

Then, I moved the file back to the original location. The system will not hang when shutting down. But then after few hours, I power up the system again. The MacOS has completely crashed :):)<_<<_<

I better not boost up the speed and now I may reinstall everything again. :(:(

Don't even know why!?!?

I've tried to moved the file "AppleTPMACPI.kext" to trash in order to boost up the speed.  However, when I logout, the system will hang.  So, I have to either press the power button or reset button.

Then, I moved the file back to the original location.  The system will not hang when shutting down.  But then after few hours, I power up the system again.  The MacOS has completely crashed  :)  <_>

I better not boost up the speed and now I may reinstall everything again.  :(  :(

Don't even know why!?!?

Try booting with -s (and mount the drives as it will show when you log in). Then move the TPM file to a file with a new name (like ...kext.old). Then do a sync and shutdown.

At the next boot enter in -f -v and see if it then works.

Try booting with -s (and mount the drives as it will show when you log in).  Then move the TPM file to a file with a new name (like ...kext.old).  Then do a sync and shutdown.

At the next boot enter in -f -v and see if it then works.

I'm encountering the exact same problem. After moving the AppleTPMACPI.kext and rebooting, the system stalls when loading Darwin.

Thanks...

Cinelli

DFI NF4 Ultra-D

AMD 3500+ Venice

1GB Ram

Nvidia 660GT PCI-EX

Hitachi 80GB Pata

Pioneer DVD

Liteon CDRW

• 4 weeks later...

I've had all the above problems after removing appleTPMACPI.kext. my machine became unusably slow. in the end I extracted appleTPMACPI.kext from install DVD with pacifist on my G5 powermac and transfered it across network back to system/library/extensions in my x86 where it came from. since then I have had no slowdown or boot problems. I lie actually, once after restarting the machine it crashed but then booted fine with -x an no more problems. I know at least one more forum member (sulieman) also overcame slowdown by re installing appleTPMACPI.kext. so???? alternative method for some people/machines when all else fails????

p.s. my machine has P4 630 EM64T CPU on ASRock 775DUAL-915GL board in case its relevant

i have a same problem, my config

P4 630 CPU, intel 945PVS motherboard, 2X512 DDR2, MSI 6600 Diamond PCI-E 16X videocard, my OS X installations almost 1 hour and 15 minutes and OS very slow <_< what is the problem i dont under stand

i have a same problem, my config

P4 630 CPU, intel 945PVS motherboard, 2X512 DDR2, MSI 6600 Diamond PCI-E 16X videocard, my OS X installations almost 1 hour and 15 minutes and OS very slow :unsure: what is the problem i dont under stand

poseidon

have you removed appleTPMACPIkext as often recommended or not?? If you have, try replacing TPMACPIkext - see http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?showtopic=3117 if you need details. otherwise search all over forum - it is a very common problem with, apparently, multiple solutions