dirtdigger

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've got a Sony RS610 with the following specs:

-2.8 GHz Pentium 4

-10/100 Base T Ethernet

-Intel ICH8

-80 GB Maxtor hard drive

-nVidia Geforce 6200 (it's also got an Intel integrated Extreme Graphics 2 chip, but I like a little more oomph :P )

-AC97 audio

I've been able to get iPC running successfully three times with the following options on install:

Voodoo Kernel

NVdarwin 256 MB (couldn't get Nvinject to work with QE/CI, but NVdarwin does)

Intel ICHx SATA Drivers

AC97 Audio

Intel Pro 100/VE

Patched USB Drivers

USB Mount Fix

OSx86 Tools Utility

After install, I reboot with -v -f options, am greeted with the beautiful "Welcome" video and am stepped through the last parts of the install process (MobileMe, registration, etc). Then I'm dumped out to the desktop and can play with things. The first time I installed I got a kernel panic when downloading Firefox, so on the second time around I installed the seatbelt kext which fixed it (and I then forgot to do the third time around. Doh!)

My issue is that all three times the computer won't start completely after shutting down. Booting in verbose mode gives me the following:

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start - waitForService((resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

Dec 5 10:29:34 localhost DumpPanic[43]: Error getting a reference to IODeviceTree:/options

Dec 5 10:29:34 localhost DirectoryService[45]: Launched version 5.6 (v514.24)

Intel82557: Ethernet address 00:0e:a6:cb:e2:1e

com_apple_driver_RTL8139: Ethernet address 00:30:bd:6b:3f:75

Dec 5 10:29:37 localhost /System/Library/CoreServices/loginwindow.app/Contents/MacOS/loginwindow[36]: Login Window Application Started -- Threaded auth

Dec 5 10:29:40 localhost mDNSResponder mDNSResponder-176.3 (Sep 30 2008 16:59:38)[35]: starting

After each boot, I've just gotten fed up and reinstalled, thinking I missed something in the installation process. Anybody have any idea what's going wrong? Should I try another distro? All of my hardware seems to be working fine so it'd be great to get things working permanently. I'm coming from a Linux background so I'm open to using the command line if need be.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Im running a dell d610 and having the same problem with ipc 10.5 still trying to figure out the problem. I also thought that it had to be something i was missing in the initial install but having reinstalled 13 times ive since decided to look else ware for the problem, and yet still no success. any ideas would be much appreciated.

• 1 month later...
Im running a dell d610 and having the same problem with ipc 10.5 still trying to figure out the problem. I also thought that it had to be something i was missing in the initial install but having reinstalled 13 times ive since decided to look else ware for the problem, and yet still no success. any ideas would be much appreciated.

hi, have you tried following this guide?