Asus P5E DSDT fixes

oldnapalm

300 posts in this topic

I guess so. Can't be sure because you didn't answer if you are using MBR or GUID partition scheme.

I use MBR, put kexts in /Extra/Extensions and dsdt.aml in /Extra

I read that using GUID you have to install Chameleon, kexts and DSDT in the EFI partition (but I never installed this way).

I am using GUID, because that is what most guides say

And also I cant find the Voodoo KEXT

I am using GUID, because that is what most guides say

And also I cant find the Voodoo KEXT

If you mean VoodooMonitor.kext, it's not needed. It comes with VoodooMonitor.app

http://www.applelife.ru/topic/20179-voodoo...F-snow-leopard/

The site requires registration to download attachments, and it's in russian, so I uploaded it to rapidshare

http://rapidshare.com/files/293554832/VoodooMonitor.zip

I used my own DSDT and it worked, but I still have the above crash screen with any more than 1 stick of ram

What do you mean by "my own", without any patches, or you applied them manually?

Can you send me your file? I would like to check if there are differences from mine. If you use BIOS 1201 they should be identical (I think).

About the 2 RAM sticks problem, I never tested it, I have only one. Will take a look.

What do you mean by "my own", without any patches, or you applied them manually?

Can you send me your file? I would like to check if there are differences from mine. If you use BIOS 1201 they should be identical (I think).

About the 2 RAM sticks problem, I never tested it, I have only one. Will take a look.

I haven't done any patches, I just used DSDT Patcher and it made a DSDT.aml with no errors and I used that.

I then used the P5E Lan Fix on here and that worked too.

Sound is working.

Computer sleeps but the screen stays on but that is due to my VGA Card not being the right one, I am going to change that soon.

Which only leaves the issue with memory

I haven't done any patches, I just used DSDT Patcher and it made a DSDT.aml with no errors and I used that.

I then used the P5E Lan Fix on here and that worked too.

Sound is working.

Computer sleeps but the screen stays on but that is due to my VGA Card not being the right one, I am going to change that soon.

Which only leaves the issue with memory

Are you using VoodooHDA for sound?

Here sleep doesn't work without the DSDT patch mentioned in this topic.

Did you check CPU temperature? It must be overheating if you aren't using NullCPUPM and didn't apply the SpeedStep patch.

Partitioning does not matter, your problem must be other, maybe wrong BIOS version.

I got the same bios as you same kext everything in the right folder, but when starting up it just froze there.... why is that? in verbose mode it says ioapic error cannot remember.

I get the exact same error and you won't believe what fixes it, run the system with only one stick of ram.

Such a stupid problem

Oh that's {censored} man, I got 8 gigs man, no way I'm running 1 stick only...Hmmm hope this can be fixed soon, otherwise I have to stick to 10.5.8 ............. :(

it works for me. that is great. i install 2 slot 2x 1G ram in it.. all working,, that is very great job. i think is the bios problem.. and hey man. can i ask you question about the dsdt.aml.? right now i am trying to create the dsdt.aml in my i7 notebook, but i get a lot error in there so that can't create it. can you help me out of there?

it works for me. that is great. i install 2 slot 2x 1G ram in it.. all working,, that is very great job. i think is the bios problem.. and hey man. can i ask you question about the dsdt.aml.? right now i am trying to create the dsdt.aml in my i7 notebook, but i get a lot error in there so that can't create it. can you help me out of there?

How are you creating it? You can try using other iasl version to compile. I have an Acer laptop which DSDT only compiles with iasl 20090730, with newer version I get a lot of errors. Attach your DSDT and I take a look.

@redcoke: where's the link?

For the people having problems with more than 2 GB of RAM, you can try to disable the JMicron controller in BIOS or removing the kext if you are not using it. I read about people with similar problems and the cause was the JMicron controller. If you are using it, you can try the kext in the first post. Other solution may be using older BIOS version.

@Matty: what BIOS version are you using?