Hackintosh Wishlist Cache

Mr. Surge

6 posts in this topic

I was screwing around on the newegg.com wish list feature and I found all sorts of Hackintosh builds, some of which I know will have a few problems. Newegg.com allows users to rate and comment on these wish lists. I don't work for newegg.com or anything, but, I think this could be a good forum to check out various builds, and for experienced OSX86 1337 h4x0rZ to blow down someones bogus build. Or maybe someone else knows of a userfriendly place that does something like this (other than here and similar sites) that I am just not aware of?

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWi...archItemNumber=

• 4 weeks later...
I was screwing around on the newegg.com wish list feature and I found all sorts of Hackintosh builds, some of which I know will have a few problems. Newegg.com allows users to rate and comment on these wish lists. I don't work for newegg.com or anything, but, I think this could be a good forum to check out various builds, and for experienced OSX86 1337 h4x0rZ to blow down someones bogus build. Or maybe someone else knows of a userfriendly place that does something like this (other than here and similar sites) that I am just not aware of?

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWi...archItemNumber=

Hi Mr Surge,

After ordering my motherboard, I came upon this thread today. ;)

I was reading your wish lists from newegg and noticed that on the "my Hackintosh list" you have a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P board listed. This is the same board I ordered yesterday.I know that ddr3 boards and i5/i7 are more powerful but cant afford that route right now. Here is what I have so far for my build:

Coolermaster Centurion CAC-T05 with blue trim

Ultra LSP 550 Pro Power Supply

Pioneer SATA DVD drive

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Motherboard

I was leaning on the less expensive Nvidia 9500 GT card. Do you think I will run into many problems with this configuration?

Thanks for any advice.

jbolted

Hi Mr Surge,

After ordering my motherboard, I came upon this thread today. :D

I was reading your wish lists from newegg and noticed that on the "my Hackintosh list" you have a Gigabyte EP45-UD3P board listed. This is the same board I ordered yesterday.I know that ddr3 boards and i5/i7 are more powerful but cant afford that route right now. Here is what I have so far for my build:

Coolermaster Centurion CAC-T05 with blue trim

Ultra LSP 550 Pro Power Supply

Pioneer SATA DVD drive

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Motherboard

I was leaning on the less expensive Nvidia 9500 GT card. Do you think I will run into many problems with this configuration?

Thanks for any advice.

jbolted

I think you'll do fine. I have the EP45-UD3R (same audio codec 889a, same Southbridge ICH10R, I believe) with the 9400GT and a 6600 quad-core. It was very easy to install my Snow Leopard DVD via USB drive and update to 10.6.2 online. Currently working very cleanly and reliably here.

I think you'll do fine. I have the EP45-UD3R (same audio codec 889a, same Southbridge ICH10R, I believe) with the 9400GT and a 6600 quad-core. It was very easy to install my Snow Leopard DVD via USB drive and update to 10.6.2 online. Currently working very cleanly and reliably here.

Hi longboatman,

Thanks for the reply. You put my mind at ease with the video card. I did a lot of research and it seems like video cards were a common problem in the OSX86 communities. I'm going to go the route you mentioned too for install... via a usb drive. I have an eMac running leo. So I'll be able set up the drive.

What speed memory did you use or doesn't it matter much. DDR2-PC2 6400 at 800 Mhz, or other?

Hi longboatman,

Thanks for the reply. You put my mind at ease with the video card. I did a lot of research and it seems like video cards were a common problem in the OSX86 communities. I'm going to go the route you mentioned too for install... via a usb drive. I have an eMac running leo. So I'll be able set up the drive.

What speed memory did you use or doesn't it matter much. DDR2-PC2 6400 at 800 Mhz, or other?

That is exactly what is in it - 2x2GB sticks. My machine is overclocked to maximum 3600 (FSB 400, x9) dropping to 2400 via speedstep most of the time, after initially running it at baseline during install and testing.

That is exactly what is in it - 2x2GB sticks. My machine is overclocked to maximum 3600 (FSB 400, x9) dropping to 2400 via speedstep most of the time, after initially running it at baseline during install and testing.

OK, that is what I'll order. The video card is already on the way. Before I order memory & because I am on a limited budget, I have been price shopping and noticed a difference in the modules, in "memory CAS latency" they are listed;

5-4-4-15

4-4-4-15

5-5-5-18

I hope this isn't an irrelevant question... does the latency matter?