Waiting for DSMOS... 10.6.2 on P6T Workstation

makosx

10 posts in this topic

With DSMOS, panic. Without DSMOS, eternal waiting for DSMOS. The fakesmc seems not good for much for me. And -v, -f, -x, etc, nothing change. 10.6.1 everything works perfectly with Software Update. mkext has gone from S/L/C/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup and can't rebuild with kextcache on start in darwin or kextutility. Please, help.

With DSMOS, panic. Without DSMOS, eternal waiting for DSMOS. The fakesmc seems not good for much for me. And -v, -f, -x, etc, nothing change. 10.6.1 everything works perfectly with Software Update. mkext has gone from S/L/C/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup and can't rebuild with kextcache on start in darwin or kextutility. Please, help.

Fakesmc is a vast improvement on DSMOS as it simulates a hardware device found in all macs. Save yourself a headache, boot into windows if you've got it on your PC, install Macdrive and copy back fakesmc to /S/L/E on your OSX partition. Don't have fakesmc or DSMOS at same time.

Thanx very much for answer. I got fakesmc where you say and in the E/E. In fact, I got not DSMOS (it causes panic). I do changes from a Leopard (5.6) I got in other hd (not a partition). But, can't repair permissions or rebuild kextcache... from there (I don't know how) and, maybe because of this, I've working without DSDT until now (and now) and with string in the Boot.plist for my nVidia, I don't know if could be part of the problem. I've tried THIS (sudo chown root:wheel /) from darwin single user (-s) but nothing happend. Could I do that from my Leopard system (in other hard disc) to my SL disc?? Thanx so much.

Thanx very much for answer. I got fakesmc where you say and in the E/E. In fact, I got not DSMOS (it causes panic). I do changes from a Leopard (5.6) I got in other hd (not a partition). But, can't repair permissions or rebuild kextcache... from there (I don't know how) and, maybe because of this, I've working without DSDT until now (and now) and with string in the Boot.plist for my nVidia, I don't know if could be part of the problem. I've tried THIS (sudo chown root:wheel /) from darwin single user (-s) but nothing happend. Could I do that from my Leopard system (in other hard disc) to my SL disc?? Thanx so much.

Boot into your leo 10.5.6 installation

Navigate to /System/Library/Caches folder on SL drive

Delete all the files (will need to use your password for this)

Make sure fakesmc.kext is in /System/Library/Extensions on your SL drive, NOT /Extra/Extensions

Open terminal.app

type: sudo chown -R root:wheel then leave window open

drag your fakesmc.kext in /S/L/E on SL drive onto terminal window

Return to open terminal window, press Enter

Enter password, press enter

type sudo chmod -R 755 then leave window open

drag your fakesmc.kext in /S/L/E on SL drive onto terminal window

Return to open terminal window, press Enter

Enter Password, press enter again

Reboot

NB This post should be in Snow Leopard Post-installation, can it be moved?

Sorry. Thank you again, I did what you say, but still eternal waiting for the DSMOS, although now, darwin jump to other line that says "systemshutdown false", and stops there. There is another thing I suspect could be responsible of this setback, that I got my own SMBIOS in E/E with the strings of my computer written by me, you know... SMmemtype, SMmemspeed, SMUUID, etc... which reports a perfect System Profiler just until now. I don't know...

I do wish people would STFU, and just report a post or topic, and ask a moderator to move it!

SticMAC

ps, if it is the only way to get your post count up, as you can't provide any help that's fine ;)

I do wish that people don't post stuff about problems in New Releases and Updates. Can you understand that does 'New Releases and Updates' mean. Not for Installation problems. People should be banned if they do that. Post should be in Snow Leopard Post-installation.

Sorry everybody. Move it anywhere and anytimes that would be necessary. I thought that "updates" encompassed 10.6.2 problems. Sorry and sorry again. But, how could I move it or... even delete! the last thing I want is to disturb anyone. So sorry.

EDIT: by the way, removing my smbios from E/E has not solved the issue. Thinking about reinstall...

I do wish that people don't post stuff about problems in New Releases and Updates. Can you understand that does 'New Releases and Updates' mean. Not for Installation problems. People should be banned if they do that. Post should be in Snow Leopard Post-installation.

It doesn't matters anymore, I don't know where have you been but this forum is dead long time ago. :)

Ok. That's how I get it. Clean with known issues. Then, update with Combo 10.6.2 via Apple Site Download (not Software Update); replace from Leopard 5.6 Sleepenabler netkas kext, delete dsmos and install fakesmc 2.5 from netkas again. Reboot in single user and do what dgsga says to do in Terminal with fakesmc, you know, chown -R root:wheel... etc. Reboot exiting -s mode, and go. Evrerything go. Audio (SoundMax 2000B) and graphic (nVidia Q Fx 3700) works. And perfect System Profiler reports about i7, BlueTooth, Firewire, Mem, etc... Thank you again, dgsga, and... I hope this is moved to another site "so we can all sleep safely tonight"... (inquisitor Bernardo Gui at The Name Of The Rose.) Greetings for all.

post-418551-1258857638_thumb.jpg.