10.6.2 mouse lag after wake from sleep

flukes1

12 posts in this topic

Upgraded to 10.6.2 and with the latest SleepEnabler from netkas, everything works except for this problem after waking from sleep: the mouse lags like hell and quite often I get multiple errors saying that a USB device is drawing too much power. Any ideas for a fix?

Mobo: Gigabyte GA31-ES2L

Graphics: 8600 GTS

Kexts: fakesmc, LegacyALC883, NullCPUPowerManagement, OpenHaltRestart, SleepEnabler (10.6.2 version)

Upgraded to 10.6.2 and with the latest SleepEnabler from netkas, everything works except for this problem after waking from sleep: the mouse lags like hell and quite often I get multiple errors saying that a USB device is drawing too much power. Any ideas for a fix?

Mobo: Gigabyte GA31-ES2L

Graphics: 8600 GTS

Kexts: fakesmc, LegacyALC883, NullCPUPowerManagement, OpenHaltRestart, SleepEnabler (10.6.2 version)

I guess you were using the previous version of SleepEnabler with the included disabler of AppleUpstreamUserClient which causes the QuickTime mouse lag with certain nVidia video cards. I don't think there is a latest version of SleepEnabler includes that. So you can run a separate Disabler.kext instead along side SleepEnabler. You can download it from here. http://stellarola.tumblr.com/post/16884492...use-lag-fix-x64

Do you know which USB device the OS is reporting as drawing too much power?

Can you plug that device in to a different USB port?

No, I don't know how to check. This never happened before I updated to 10.6.2 yesterday so I'm assuming it's a kext going wrong somewhere, not an actual hardware problem.

Try more add power to usb.

Please check jumper usbpwr on your motherboards.

check the reference in your motherboard manuals.

maybe helps

Again; I'm 99% sure this is a kext problem because it only started happening once I updated to 10.6.2. Are there any new ideas out there for this?

I don't have the USB power problem but just the mouse lag after awake. I fixed it by removing the nvinject.kext and used efi string.

Hi there.

I never had any kinda problems using my 8600GT with strings. It's much better than injecting at least for me. I did all the updates w/o a single problem. Just once I had mouse lag in 10.5.7 version what was solved when 10.5.8 was out.

It's easy to use strings for nvidia cards. OSX86 Tools have the strings for many nvidia cards and you can add the strings manually if your card is not listed.

Using strings can be a solution.

Cheers.

bb.