What is the most stable PCIe Graphics Card to use with Logic 8+ ?

JohnB-UK

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, great forum!

I've just recently got Kalyway working on my dell inspiron 6400 and successfully installed logic with some slight problems - glitching after 3 loaded instruments on just 4 bars so I've decided to update my main PC's motherboard to a working gigabyte one that Ive researched online (my MSI PGN6M doesnt agree with OSX) but I'm having trouble finding a graphics card that is compatible.. Most info I get is from the US shops or cards thats not in stock anywhere / anymore.

Does anyone know what is the most stable graphics card is to run Logic 8+ and still play todays games like in windows? cards i can find down the local high street or good online stores..

£60 is my limit, PCI express and ideally able to run dual screen

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

is anyone else having noise problems from their video cards? I have this horrible computery screeching/whirring noise (coming from speakers, not the physical card) when i view very contrasty images, or especially when i move the mouse... or anything graphical is moving on the screen. Surely someone else must be experiencing it.

It's similar to the crappy noise that you get from onboard audio jacks sometimes... older computers used to be worse.

I'm using a firewire sound card too... maybe its something to do with the firewire bus? my specs are in my sig, apart from my upgrade to an ATI 4870HD.. which is really a downgrade in audio quality, as my old 8800gt was a LOT better in this area. In fact i dont remember it being a problem in the old days of tiger and kaly 10.5.1.

any thoughts?

is anyone else having noise problems from their video cards? I have this horrible computery screeching/whirring noise (coming from speakers, not the physical card) when i view very contrasty images, or especially when i move the mouse... or anything graphical is moving on the screen. Surely someone else must be experiencing it.

It's similar to the crappy noise that you get from onboard audio jacks sometimes... older computers used to be worse.

I'm using a firewire sound card too... maybe its something to do with the firewire bus? my specs are in my sig, apart from my upgrade to an ATI 4870HD.. which is really a downgrade in audio quality, as my old 8800gt was a LOT better in this area. In fact i dont remember it being a problem in the old days of tiger and kaly 10.5.1.

any thoughts?

I have full studio hackintouched (10.5.8 ,logic 9.02,NV8400GS graphic card,24/96 audiophile pci card) ,and i can say i have that "noise" on "windows" also :/ ,it come from ventirad i think not especially from the video card and i can add that noise is TIPICAL FROM THE NEW HARDWARE COMPONENT and (or core 2 processor, very sensitive ???)

I as never this clippy thin noise when moving mouse or scrub with my (very) old setup before. :rolleyes: