Mercurysquad Voodoo3945 Troubleshoot

cmcd14

36 posts in this topic

@benetube merc has said that the kp is a known problem and presumably he is working on a fix. So if you've already tried changing out the io80211 kext your best bet is probably just to wait for the beta release. In the meantime you could send merc your logs by email if you want to contribute.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This thread was extremely helpful. I'm a big newb and I've read many times the Intel 3945 and the OS X won't ever blend. Well, MercurySquad's really doing an impressive job then.

Using iAtkos v7 10.5.7, downloading the kexts from Project Camphor (VoodooWireless, VoodooWirelessCipher and careful to use the fixed version of Voodoo3945, which won't PANIC like the other one did here), I managed to ALMOST connect on wifi. ;) IO80211Family wasn't needed.

It recognizes the new interface, turns the Airport on, it even finds the networks *sometimes* (requires turning wifi card and Airport on and off many times). But if I try to connect, it either fails or timeouts in less than a second. It'll also lose the network if it tries to connect and fails (always fails). It just says "Connection failed" if it was a network it had already detected or "Connection timeout" if I'm inputting it manually.

I don't know, perhaps I wasn't supposed to be using it with secure networks? I read somewhere the password thing is not coded yet. I don't have non-secure network here to try.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...