EP43-UD3L 10.6 SL Snow Leopard Install

johnhlaj

36 posts in this topic

Hi. I have this exact same motherboard and after installing Leopard I got a "still waiting for boot device" which means that I had no "readable" HD... I switched the HD conf in the BIOS to AHCI to solve this but now I get stuch in "mdnsresponder" error... any solution from someone who might have had this one?

Thanks!

You got a problem with me?

SupremexYubb said...

If anyone can help me, I am willing to pay through paypal. Please!

but he didn't state his problem. That's what I was talking about. :D

BTW, thanks for your great guide. One problem though. I can't get past kernel panics right after installation of Snow Leopard. Any advise about your bios settings?

Once again, thank you and sorry about that missunderstanding.

THank you So Much!

I originally used the Lifehacker link and did all the terminal work but the OS was very unstable. I reinstalled using your guide and everything runs much better. I am only having two problems.

1. The Mic Input jacks dont seem to be working, do you have a fix for this?

2. On my about mac in only shows 2 gigs of Ram when I have 4 in my computer.

I am new to Hackintosh so any help you could give me with these issues would be great. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Hi is there anyway to boot the OSX into thumbdrive without using a macbook?? I am staying in Malaysia.... none of my friend is having a macbook because its not really popular over here. I have actually tried installing OS X Leopard 10.5 but I cant even pass the installation. After reaching 99% it show that Mac could not validate Podcastproduce or something. Is it my pc problem or its the installation disc problem?

Here is my pc spec:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80ghz

EP43-UD3L

Gigabyte GTS 250 1gb

4gb ram (cant remember which brand)

1TB HDD (cant remember which brand)

Please help me is there any guide that i can follow. Thanks

Hi is there anyway to boot the OSX into thumbdrive without using a macbook?? I am staying in Malaysia.... none of my friend is having a macbook because its not really popular over here. I have actually tried installing OS X Leopard 10.5 but I cant even pass the installation. After reaching 99% it show that Mac could not validate Podcastproduce or something. Is it my pc problem or its the installation disc problem?

Here is my pc spec:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.80ghz

EP43-UD3L

Gigabyte GTS 250 1gb

4gb ram (cant remember which brand)

1TB HDD (cant remember which brand)

Please help me is there any guide that i can follow. Thanks

Zanderz,

Saying that MacBook is not really popular in Malaysia is wrong as more and more people are into macbook nowadays, especially those who work in the design industry.

If you do not have any mac/hackintosh to work with, I may suggest you to try the Distribution installation first (iDeneb, Kalyway, Iatkos) which are available to be downloaded from the Internet or you can find them anywhere in the mall (if you're lucky enough). These are so easy to install and you can install it to any machine, just to be your working box for your SL installation.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread, but I used your install method and it seems to work pretty good. I don't understand though why the other computers on my network appear and disappear all the time and when they do appear they show up as generic computers instead of showing the little icon of the type of mac it is. Can anyone give me a hint at least? The macs are hyperion, mamoru and wirblewind. Freedom is a buffalo terrastation and nadesico has the unfortunate job of being a macbook being forced to run in bootcamp with xp. The "darren-f17c5260" is a fusion virtual machine on my TV's mac mini running xp hosting skype for people. When these appear, they don't always appear at the same time.

My setup:

EP43-UD3L

Q9550 (shows at Q6600?)

PNY GeForce 9800GT EE DDR3 1GB (Shows as 9600 GT?)

GSkill 2x2GB CL5

The computer seems to work for the most part, but maybe I have no clue what I'm really doing.

Darren

post-431802-1276292439.png

Thanks alot! This worked. I have been looking all over the web for something like this! Just one problem. After I ran the installer the first time my computer rebooted and booted off the USB then went back into the installer. To fix this I used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to choose the local HDD and then loaded it up. Popped in the USB and ran all the programs as stated and then updated straight to 10.6.3 no problem. Thanks so much!

~Blah

• 4 months later...