Just upgraded to 10.6.2, get kernel panic!

Stohrr

13 posts in this topic

Did anyone else that updated to 10.6.2 get a kernel panic? My system Kernel Panic's on start up. thank god for time machine backups! im just trying to repair permissions now, i will let you know how it turns out.

Same here. :o(

I tried to restore from a TM backup but SL didn't boot (MBR not found afair)

Do you repair permissions by booting from dvd?

Hi!

I had same issue KP, I fixed it putting Fakesmc for snow leopard in E/E and I can boot, problems continues, I have nos sound and orange icons in drives!

Hope can help you!

Cheers

I had same experience.

dsmos.kext is incompatible with 10.6.2

However, sound and drives all remain fine for me.

I posted my update instructions in my install guide.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1325139

since you haven't posted your machine specs how can anybody help you ? so i'll just give the advices netkas gave on his website:

1. Radeon users update to PC EFI 1.4.1 or 10.5 otherwise - Kernel Panic in ATIRadeonX2000.kext

2. Everybody who use it update SleepEnabler.kext to this one - old kext + new kernel = Kernel Panic

p.s. radeon 4830/4870×2/4890 users – you need to wait for patched x2000.kext

I update my machines having in mind these two tips and...everything is normal so far !!!

Good luck ! :)

since you haven't posted your machine specs how can anybody help you ? so i'll just give the advices netkas gave on his website:

1. Radeon users update to PC EFI 1.4.1 or 10.5 otherwise - Kernel Panic in ATIRadeonX2000.kext

2. Everybody who use it update SleepEnabler.kext to this one - old kext + new kernel = Kernel Panic

p.s. radeon 4830/4870×2/4890 users – you need to wait for patched x2000.kext

I update my machines having in mind these two tips and...everything is normal so far !!!

Good luck ! :)

I got kernel panic upon boot up. I think I'm seeing an issue with the SleepEnabler.kext; that's the last thing showing when boot up fails. Thanks God for time machine! Restoring now.

To update the SleepEnabler.kext, do I just replace the file?

Specs:

Gigabyte G41M-ES2L

Quad-Core 2.66

Nvidia GT120

4 Gigs Ram

Just got the same thing on a Shuttle K48. Kernel panic right after sleep.enabler. got a message saying that kernel does not match CPU... time to restore.

Same issue here. How I am supposed to recover the OS? From a clean install or Backup? Is there any way to bypass this KP? Thanks

Same issue here. How I am supposed to recover the OS? From a clean install or Backup? Is there any way to bypass this KP? Thanks

kp is because 2 or 3 things

old sleepenabler (downloaded the newest one)

crappy distro installation

no dsdt patching at least for intelcpupowermanagement working correctly

dsmos.kext (from SL u should only use fakesmc)

kp is because 2 or 3 things

old sleepenabler (downloaded the newest one)

crappy distro installation

no dsdt patching at least for intelcpupowermanagement working correctly

dsmos.kext (from SL u should only use fakesmc)

Kernel Panic comes from mach_kernel issue. I read in other post that I should backed up previously mach_kernel and then replace it after update. I have it on an pendrive, so I will try to install Windows to get access to the SL HDD and replace it.

Kernel Panic comes from mach_kernel issue. I read in other post that I should backed up previously mach_kernel and then replace it after update. I have it on an pendrive, so I will try to install Windows to get access to the SL HDD and replace it.

Just download Rebel EFI bootdisc from psystar.com and you can boot your hackintosh partition to add the file