HELP! iPC 10.5.6 wont load on my MSI 790FX-GD70

Kazragore

6 posts in this topic

Using MSI 790FX-GD70 with Phenom II x4 955BE, when I choose to boot with this version of iPC, everything will crash after a few seconds. Even with -v, i dont get to see what happens as the whole system crashes and restarts, as if i switched it off and on again.

Ive also tried using iDeneb v1.4 (10.5.6), that gives me an error that says "waiting for root device"

Any help on either of these two situations will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Use the forum search for "still waiting for root device". A chipset driver or BIOS or disk connection trouble.

after some more reading up, i suspect that its either my unsupported southbridge ATI SB 750 or my chipset. Currently, my method of booting is from DVD, i have both iPC and iDeneb on DVD. This is only the case for iDeneb.

For iPC, the whole thing crashes once darwin bootloader tries to start up. Oh btw, i was completely unable to install mac on my pc. the problem lies not with the installed OSX not being able to boot, but with the installation disc not being able to boot.

after some more reading up, i suspect that its either my unsupported southbridge ATI SB 750 or my chipset. Currently, my method of booting is from DVD, i have both iPC and iDeneb on DVD. This is only the case for iDeneb.

For iPC, the whole thing crashes once darwin bootloader tries to start up. Oh btw, i was completely unable to install mac on my pc. the problem lies not with the installed OSX not being able to boot, but with the installation disc not being able to boot.

any ideas on what i could do to get mac working on my 790FX-GD70? im using a SATA hard drive as well as a SATA disc drive.

any ideas on what i could do to get mac working on my 790FX-GD70? im using a SATA hard drive as well as a SATA disc drive.
As a temporary alternative, may install to an external USB HDD. Then, with working system, research the problem deeply. Use the forum search. Try to find the right chipset driver and correct BIOS settings (if some of them is present in the BIOS).

Using MSI 790FX-GD70 with Phenom II x4 955BE, when I choose to boot with this version of iPC, everything will crash after a few seconds. Even with -v, i dont get to see what happens as the whole system crashes and restarts, as if i switched it off and on again.

Ive also tried using iDeneb v1.4 (10.5.6), that gives me an error that says "waiting for root device"

Any help on either of these two situations will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

i have the same problem with both ideneb and ipc install dvds. they both restart my pc as soon as the darwin boot screen is done loading. what scould be the problem?