Need help with About this Mac crashes, DSDT Speedstep, Sleep and Sound

meattattat

8 posts in this topic

I had successfully installed Snow Leopard 10.6 with the "existing Leopard method" on another harddisk.

Now the system is fine except the followings;

1) About This Mac crashes but system profiler works

(Very strange, system profiler works with or without SMBIOS.plist, I tried to install Anv's AppleSMBIOS.kext, About This Mac worked but it takes a long time to boot into the OS. Some suggested this is ACPI-related.)

2) Sleep not working, Harddisks and fans still run when screen goes black

(With SleepEnabler.kext install in /Extra, not sure if the DSDT is patched correctly)

3) SpeedStep not working

(minor issue, won't affect me at all)

4) ALC882 No Sound

(Worked in Leopard with Codec Dump + HDA Patcher, edited the DSDT a few times but still not able to make ALC882 to be recognized as the correct device id)

5) Dual Screen halts at boot

(HD 4850 works as Dual-DVI output, but if both screens are plugged to boot, it fails to load into OS and stuck at blue screen)

My config:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (1.86GHz)

DFI Infinity P965 (ALC882 sound)

4GB of DDR2 in total

ATI HD 4850 512MB (reference board)

WD 250GB SATA2 Harddisk

Chameleon 2.0RC3 + PC EFI 10.5

Attached are my dsdt, extra, system profiler...

Please kindly help :ninja:

dsdt.aml.zip

post-56946-1257265205_thumb.png

post-56946-1257265240_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi There,

I've got the same board as yours and in order to fix About This Mac i've installed the AppleSMBiosEFI.kext from iPc distro and it went well.

Hi There,

I've got the same board as yours and in order to fix About This Mac i've installed the AppleSMBiosEFI.kext from iPc distro and it went well.

]

well, i have had the same problem, but I think i was able to fixed ONE. First of all, when trying to run Final cut pro studio 3, it hangs at loading FCS engine screen. And it stuck there until I force quit. No matter what i did, I even tried to delete qmaster and such, didn't help any. So, i decided to delete the applesmbios.kext, and now Final Cut pro load completely in both 32 and 64 mode. ummm.. stranged.. Without applesmbios.kext, snow leopard still boots in both mode 32 and 64 just no applesmbios.kext that's all. So, i decided to mess around little further. I copied my 10.5.8 from working leopard applesmbios.kex from another machine, and put it in the snow leopard /s/l/e, and whoala, about this mac in 64 bit mode is working, and so was Final cut pro studio 3. But, somehow, when i booted into 32bit mode, it wasn't working. It was still hang in FCS loading engine. Somehow, applesmbios.kext has alot to do with it. But, if i want it to work in 32 bit mode, i just delete the applesmbios.kext, and reinstalled it when I need it, it is better working than not working I guess.

I am running on 10.6.2, sony vaio vgn-aw125j, everything seem to work and fast, but my internal lcd, and wireless card. I do have q/ci without it, Final cut wont work. i just use it for final cut and cs4. Hopefully, someone can figured this out. also, there a lot of JmicroATA.kext out there, i only find one that will boot my laptop into 64 bit without KP and also the nvidia inject. Others I tried, none of them work. so alot of errors and tries. now, 32 and 64 bit mode working. just about this mac in 32bit mode needs a solutions. but i am running everything in 64 bit mode anyways. hope this helps. also, i am not using dtsd what so every, and nothing in my extra folder, but two files. boot plist and smbios.plist, no extensions directory or anything.

mery xmas

• 1 month later...

I have same thing on my Abit Quad GT board... when i delete applesmbios.kext final cut boots fine in 32 bit mode and it crashes in 64 bit while loading.... i have installed applesmbiosefi.kext to fix the about this mac crash.... but the cpu is reporting as unknown when i remove the vanilla smbios kext when i put it back it reports as xeons but then final cut won't boot .... lots of things are similar here...

what i think its happening is this UUID thing i have to figure out where to edit that in my extra folder i only have extensions

fakesmc by netkas, null cpu and open halt restart.

I have removed the DSDT.aml because i couldn't get the aquamac strings to register at all but then i get cmos reset everytime not a big deal for me but i have to go into bios everytime i want to boot again ... but i have made a profile inside bios so its quick...... one more thing i am not using boot list in extra but i am modifing it in the original place....

Hope one day to fix all these issues but i guess its working like this too its rock stable and fast :(