Putting Leopard on my new SLI PC

thegodfaza

18 posts in this topic

It's been a while since I've done anything with OSX86 so I could use some help with this install. Hardware is in signature. Right now I'm getting a "Still Waiting for Root Device" error. Output is attached. Sorry about the flash. It was needed to make the letters crisp. Otherwise they were blown out. I'm planing on putting Leopard on the 500GB Hard Disk. I'm trying to use Leo4All v4.1.

post-96709-1256869336_thumb.jpg

Try booting from External USB DVD drive.

I don't have any of those laying around or any USB thumb drives large enough.

Also I'm using a SATA 2 DVD drive. Should I try an EIDE one?

I was digging around in the BIOS and noticed that my SATA controller was set to IDE. I set it to AHCI and am attempting an install now. Now once I get it installed can I get SLI to work? I'm using 2 EVGA GTX 260's.

I was digging around in the BIOS and noticed that my SATA controller was set to IDE. I set it to AHCI and am attempting an install now. Now once I get it installed can I get SLI to work? I'm using 2 EVGA GTX 260's.
SLI is currently not supported in OS X. So no luck with SLI.

Ok, I have Leopard installed. But I have no audio, ethernet, or QE/CI. Trying to get QE/CI working first. Tried this with no luck.

Also tried editing the NVDAN50.kext and NVDAResman.kext and putting my device ID in there(0x05e210de). The system just hangs on boot at "dsmos: Starting...".

Ok, I have Leopard installed. But I have no audio, ethernet, or QE/CI. Trying to get QE/CI working first. Tried this with no luck.

Also tried editing the NVDAN50.kext and NVDAResman.kext and putting my device ID in there(0x05e210de). The system just hangs on boot at "dsmos: Starting...".

n e t k a s.org/?p=105

n e t k a s.org/?p=105

Tried it and it didn't work. Also I installed Leo4All 10.5.4. I was going to install iATKOS 10.5.7 but the installer would hang at the gray screen with a pinwheel of death.

From how I understood the install process you installed the NV drivers from the irc server first(OpenGL, NV Driver, and GForce Drivers) then ran the injector.

Again sorry about the flash. Without it the letters are too blurred to read.

post-96709-1257396072_thumb.jpg

Tried that. I just get a blank screen. Not black. My monitor shuts off.

Edit: Was looking at the HCL and saw this:

Pre installation : NAtit Enabler, EVGA G200 driver, DVI/DVI EFI, Remove NVDARemon - Post Installation : 1.Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards 2.NVIDIA Retail Mac Driver Installer 18.5.2f16

Does that mean:

-Install Natit

-Install drivers from EVGA website

-Remove NVDAResman.kext

-Install Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards

-Install Nvidia driver

It seams a bit odd since the lat two steps would overwrite the first two and you would end up with three display drivers installed. NVDAResmon, Natit, and ATY_init(from Enabler_for_Nvidia_and_multiple_ATI_cards).

That would also explain why when I tried it it didn't work but I saw output from three display drivers try to fire up.

Alone as in no Geforce*.kext and NVDA*.kext?
I mean a stock nvidia kexts, that are present in /System/Library/Extensions by default. Imaging you are doing a clean install. So now in customize section you would not select any VGA driver. NO VGA drivers at all selected. In this configuration only a stock drivers would be installed. Then upon successful install and boot install an ATI_init.

By the way be sure to check this topic: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...php/t90874.html

I'd try an ATI_init alone. Install it. If no success uninstall. Install CoreVidia. If no success uninstall.May also try to disable the SLI mode in BIOS.

ATY_Init.kext and coreVidia had no effect. CoreVidia actually caused a kernel panic. Also SLI is controlled from the software, not the BIOS. I guess I'll try the other link. Install the NV drivers then when I get a blank screen start changing which port my display is plugged into. I may also try Natit standalone.

UPDATE:

I mean a stock nvidia kexts, that are present in /System/Library/Extensions by default. Imaging you are doing a clean install. So now in customize section you would not select any VGA driver. NO VGA drivers at all selected. In this configuration only a stock drivers would be installed. Then upon successful install and boot install an ATI_init.

By the way be sure to check this topic: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofiversi...php/t90874.html

Tried each DVI port. All gave the same blank screen(no backlight). Guess I'll give natit a go.

UPDATE:

Natit didn't work either. It would be nice to move this forum around so the people in the graphics sub forum could see it. Then if and when I get graphics working move back to work on everything else. Perhaps I should start a new thread there.

Try one of the http://scottdangel.com/blog/?page_id=20 drivers. Select the one corresponding to the OS X version you use.

That had no effect. I also tried removing one of the video cards and using the installer that gave me a blank screen, but had the same result. I thought maybe it didn't know how to handle two cards.

I've read other people having success with EFI studio but I'm not running EFI. Is it possible on AMD? I tried before during the Leo4All install selecting the EFI kernel, bootloader, and other things it said to check. Then when I tried to boot from the drive my computer rebooted before it could get to the boot loader.