gforce 5500 no QE CI not supported HELP!

Deleted user

5 posts in this topic

Hello i just got a extra PC and installed iATKOS 10.5.7

my problem is the QE/CI i have AGP GFORCE FX 5500 256 MB and tried all methods out there and still cant make it work i managed to make the resolution to work but no QE/CI (only CI : Software) i've tried natit, nvinject titan kext but i get the same error when i try to copy them in /System/Library/Extension that the kext cannot be used/installed.

so i'll appreciate any help!

sorry but this is a bit of the topic, but what is QE/CI. i have just install leopard 10.5.7 with my GTX 260 working, and alot of people said it wasnt possiable, and if it works it would be software based? I wish to know wht QE/CI are and how to find out if its working on my system?

Hello i just got a extra PC and installed iATKOS 10.5.7

my problem is the QE/CI i have AGP GFORCE FX 5500 256 MB and tried all methods out there and still cant make it work i managed to make the resolution to work but no QE/CI (only CI : Software) i've tried natit, nvinject titan kext but i get the same error when i try to copy them in /System/Library/Extension that the kext cannot be used/installed.

so i'll appreciate any help!

I haved this problem. My GeForce 7300gs did't support QE/CI. I installed GeForce*.kext, NV*.kext , OpenGL.framework from 10.5.4 and NVinject also. After this my videocard support qi/ci.

sorry but this is a bit of the topic, but what is QE/CI. i have just install leopard 10.5.7 with my GTX 260 working, and alot of people said it wasnt possiable, and if it works it would be software based? I wish to know wht QE/CI are and how to find out if its working on my system?

hey you can do that by going to the About this Mac -> More Info -> Graphics / Display. there you have Core Image and Quartz Extreme (CI and QE) and you can see it it's supported or not.

for more info take a look at these links:

Core Image

Quartz Extreme

I haved this problem. My GeForce 7300gs did't support QE/CI. I installed GeForce*.kext, NV*.kext , OpenGL.framework from 10.5.4 and NVinject also. After this my videocard support qi/ci.

the problem is that i just can't seem to get it working i tried with NVinject, Titan, Natit and every time it said that i can't install that kext ... so I'm clueless in how can i enable QE/CI..

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0326

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

L1718S:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

hey you can do that by going to the About this Mac -> More Info -> Graphics / Display. there you have Core Image and Quartz Extreme (CI and QE) and you can see it it's supported or not.

for more info take a look at these links:

Core Image

Quartz Extreme

the problem is that i just can't seem to get it working i tried with NVinject, Titan, Natit and every time it said that i can't install that kext ... so I'm clueless in how can i enable QE/CI..

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500

Type: Display

Bus: AGP

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0326

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

L1718S:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 75 Hz

Depth: 32-Bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

QuartzGL: Supported

Display Connector:

How are you trying to install the kexts? You need to use kext helper or something like that, if you just drop them into the extensions folder it won't work.