(GUIDE) P5KPL-AM Install guide, Near perfect!

potter 1984

53 posts in this topic

Did you use chameleon boot loader?? with EFi string for your graphics card in the com.apple.boot.plist???,

Have a good read through the forums the answers are their, you just need to search for them! :-)

Also a detailed description of what you actually did would help a lot!.

Rich,

hd sata samsung 160 gb

p5kplam-se

onboard video

lg dL dvd ata/ide (configurated as master)

1 gb memory

I use the onboard video from the p5kplam se it doesn´t works ??

I just tried to boot using "boot cd" rebel efi empire efi and Hmbt boot cd, all thosr cds succeded to boot my pc, but when I get to the screen that askme to take out the boot cd and insert OSX install dvd , after pressing F5 (to load dvd) and enter to try to boot into install dvd, a black screen apears and no more events happens...

very strange, I tested all those same boot cds and the retail sl dvd at a friends pc (a toshiba with celeron + gigabyte mb) and all got into osx installation very fast...

will it be because osx do not like the p5kplam se onboard VGA ????

or i need a sata dvd ??

or it will be necessary to boot from my memory flash (8gb) ?

or maybe my motherboard is fake ??

Please help me I do not know what else to do... or I will destroy my motherboard

(ps. sorry for my bad english)

hd sata samsung 160 gb

p5kplam-se

onboard video

lg dL dvd ata/ide (configurated as master)

1 gb memory

I use the onboard video from the p5kplam se it doesn´t works ??

I just tried to boot using "boot cd" rebel efi empire efi and Hmbt boot cd, all thosr cds succeded to boot my pc, but when I get to the screen that askme to take out the boot cd and insert OSX install dvd , after pressing F5 (to load dvd) and enter to try to boot into install dvd, a black screen apears and no more events happens...

very strange, I tested all those same boot cds and the retail sl dvd at a friends pc (a toshiba with celeron + gigabyte mb) and all got into osx installation very fast...

will it be because osx do not like the p5kplam se onboard VGA ????

or i need a sata dvd ??

or it will be necessary to boot from my memory flash (8gb) ?

or maybe my motherboard is fake ??

Please help me I do not know what else to do... or I will destroy my motherboard

(ps. sorry for my bad english)

Well as my GUIDE says, USE USB stick flash drive, much easier.

Your onboard VGA won't work you will need a compatible video card first, check out the osx86 wiki for compatible cards.

Your IDE DVD may be ok, but it is better to have the SATA DVD drive instead.

I doub't you motherboard is fake..

Rich.

• 2 weeks later...

hi,RICH

boot from usb key, ok,

but very slow in the search hd interface,why?

thanks

p5kpl-am

hd1:250g

hd2:500g

hd3:80g(5400rpm)

2g 800

cpu 2.93g

asus 7300gt 256m

ide cdrom

1394 card

linksys 802.11bg wifi

• 2 weeks later...

I'm installing SnowLeopard on a PK5PL-AM board. I'd followed all the instructions to make a USB Key. Now when I boot from the Installer USB Key, but once I open Disc Utility my hard drive isn't accessible! I see the hard disk icon, but it reads as "0 Bytes" and I can't erase or partition it!

What am I doing wrong? Did I miss something in the com.apple.boot.plist? Or the UUID?

Please Help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I tried your guide and unfortunately it isn't working for me.

It basically crashes after I tell Chamaleon to boot from the pendrive. The last thing that verbose says is ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3).

I have already tried lots of guides and they all crash here.

I haven't edited the device-properties as I don't know what's the EFI string for my Intel card, but I don't think that would make it crash at that exact spot every time.

I have a Pentium-D processor, and am using the integrated graphics card. I, of course, have this motherboard.

Hope someone knows how to help me ;)

Thanks in advance.

I have a Pentium-D processor, and am using the integrated graphics card. I, of course, have this motherboard.

Hi

I think the problem is that you use the integrated graphic card. Leopard doesn't install unless you have a graphic

card (even if it is cheap, as an 8400).

Check the compatibility list in the wiki.

I think that the processor may be incompatible with Snow Leopard, but some went through installation so I can

say that is the graphic card.

Hope it helped. Have a nice day!

Hello,

I tried your guide and unfortunately it isn't working for me.

It basically crashes after I tell Chamaleon to boot from the pendrive. The last thing that verbose says is ACPI: System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] (S3).

I have already tried lots of guides and they all crash here.

I haven't edited the device-properties as I don't know what's the EFI string for my Intel card, but I don't think that would make it crash at that exact spot every time.

Hope someone knows how to help me :)

Thanks in advance.

Same problem as you.

Hi

I think the problem is that you use the integrated graphic card. Leopard doesn't install unless you have a graphic

card (even if it is cheap, as an 8400).

Check the compatibility list in the wiki.

I think that the processor may be incompatible with Snow Leopard, but some went through installation so I can

say that is the graphic card.

Hope it helped. Have a nice day!

I could buy a cheapo 8400, but would like to know if that's really the problem first. Can anyone else confirm it too? :)

Same problem as you.

After taking a look at BIOS version and so on, I noticed, I don't exactly have a P5KPL-AM but a P5KPL-AM EPU.

Maybe that's a big difference, because I always have this ACPI : System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] problem.

I don't think it's a problem with video card.

We just need an APCI kext solving this problem...

Maybe there is one, or maybe we have to tweek BIOS a little bit.

After taking a look at BIOS version and so on, I noticed, I don't exactly have a P5KPL-AM but a P5KPL-AM EPU.

Maybe that's a big difference, because I always have this ACPI : System State [s0 S3 S4 S5] problem.

I don't think it's a problem with video card.

We just need an APCI kext solving this problem...

Maybe there is one, or maybe we have to tweek BIOS a little bit.

Hi SuperCed,

This looks like a BIOS config done wrong.

You should have select S3 and ACPI 2.0.

And I don't know exactly, but I think Pentium D series

won't run Snow Leopard, as long as it uses the original

apple vanilla kernel, with no mods and needs a

core2duo or dualcore series processor.

You can still try to use a mod kernel,

such as SleepKernel runs Pentium D series.

I hope you can solve your problem soon,

Cleiton Hipólito

hy!

very good guide but my lan doesn´t work :censored2: on snow leopard

my "setup":

Asus P5kpl-am

intel dual-core e5400

Kingston 2GB DDR2

Samsung 80GB HDD sata

Pny Geforce 9400GT (work great! dualview on 2 lcds)

LG dvd-burner Ide ( fully work!)

420W PSU

can anyone help me? i have installed the kext´s from guide but lan doesn´t work.

sry for my bad english i am from german.

hy

i have tested the attansicL1 kext and the mac os x driver for the lan from manufactory webpage. and another more -.- to mouch more...

but it doesn´t work.

can anywere write a precise instruction for me with an kext link.?

thank you

(sry for bad english i am from german)

Hello @potter 1984, hello everyone,

I got a brand new pc and configuration is next:

Asus P5KPL-AM SE

Intel Q8300

2 gigs of ram

Asus 9800gt 512

640 GB WD

Because I don't have anything installed on that pc yet,

I need to prepare everything for the installation from this pc

I'm currently using (obviously :) )

That's why I need a little help now.

1) Can someone please give me correct Nvidia EFI string for Nvidia 9800 GT?

2) Cause mobo's SE version, what should I do to make sleep/shut down works right?

@mrm43 mentioned something (dsdt) from this page http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=183751 ,

but I don't understand very well. Should I do everything like it's there said, or just change something in this method we are talking about in this topic?

Or what's the best solution for shut down/sleep/restart issue if I have any, just in case? :)

Please help me, save my soul ;)

Cheers,

~R2k

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi all,

i have managed to install SnowLeopard(10.6.2) universal Distro 3.6 on my ASUS P5PE-VM mobo with the following softwares.

1) boot loader – asus_p5w-dh_boot132.iso – with the string : cpus=1 -x -v

2) Snow Leopard universal distro v3.6

but after installation on first boot the cursor blinks at the following line… and no progress for hours

Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132_dfe_r146
503MB memory
VESA v3.0 7MB (Intel®865G Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA BIOS)

Loading Darwin/x86
Loading kernel mach_kernel
Loading HFS+ file: [mach_kernel] From 422ed40.
Loading HFS+ file: [mach_kernel] From 422ed40.
_

can anyone guide me whats going wrong with the booting process.

I have tried with the following

1) Booted through Darwin Universal booter [failed].- grey apple screen with spining wheel

2) Reinstalled OSX - grey apple screen with spining wheel on first boot.

3) Booted with flags : cpus=1 -x -v, - grey apple screen with spining wheel on first boot.

My Hardware Spec

---------------------

MotherBoard - Asus P5PE-VM BIOS version 1501.

CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo 2.93 Ghz

Ram - 512 MB SDRAM Hynix Memory Module.

HDD - Seagate 40GB IDE (7 Years Old) - no problem found using DiskUtility and formated with GUID Partition table

DVD ROM - LG SATA DVD + RW

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

mac.manoj

• 4 weeks later...
potter 1984,

i would like to ask if your method can be updated to 10.6.2 without any issues or problems.. 'cause I have the same mobo and I've followed your guide..

really want to update my hackintosh to 10.6.2, need your help.. thanks!

Trestin/Potter

Is it possible to update that install? Is there any special suggestions to take into consideration before trying to update?

By the way, thanks for the guide... was trying to install SL in that mobo for over a month!

Regards,

Bruno

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys, i´ve followed this guide and i been abled to install OS X just fine, (P5KPL-AM SE, E5400)

i just have a question thought,

what about 64 bit mode? i have a GeForce 210 and after a looooooooooooooot of testing around i think that the problem is the 64 bit mode (arch=i386), and i pretty sure about the LAN issues respond to this

hi

i'm trying this guide on a p5kpl-am se.

i formatted the usb key correctly and all that.

i get in past chameleon. apple screen with spinny wheel comes up. then it goes to gray screen. with the {censored} pizza (apple colour wheel) and hangs there.

any insight to my issue would be appreciated.

mb: p5kpl-am se

cpu: e7500 core2duo 2.93ghz

ram: 4gb ddr2

hd: toshiba 320gb

video card: geforce gts 250

thanks,

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the same motherboard, but I have no Graphics Card, I am using the builtin graphics card, will that work with SL, I changed the mobo from Intel to Asus, so I had previously had the installation of MAC 10.5.8 and SL. both on different partitions. But now when I boot for installation OR for booting the installed one it hangs. Do I need a graphics card?

Thanks

Abdul Mateen.

Hi,

I have the same motherboard, but I have no Graphics Card, I am using the builtin graphics card, will that work with SL, I changed the mobo from Intel to Asus, so I had previously had the installation of MAC 10.5.8 and SL. both on different partitions. But now when I boot for installation OR for booting the installed one it hangs. Do I need a graphics card?

For me, it only worked with a graphic card.

8400 is very good and very simple to install.

I even get a dual screen display without any modification.

• 2 months later...

hi,

I have this mobo with a nVidia geforce 9400 GT. I installed Snow Leopard Original, with boot CD and all was working properly. I tried to install kext for the intel X3100 graphic adapter included on the mobo, trying to cable 3 monitor :)...but after done this operation Nvidia do not works....in monitor properties I have only 1024x768 and no more.... what can I do? sorry little newbie....;)