Dell 1545 x4500 Kexts! Plus dsdt.aml to fix Black Screen! 100% Working!

LawOne

34 posts in this topic

I have attached 100% working Dell 1545 x4500 kexts. (No QE Support!) Before anyone asks! (The dell 1545 has been a pain with the kexts about. I couldnt tell you which kexts are from who in this package! But they seem to work a treat!

Add them all with kext helper!

I been hunting around trying loads of kexts from people for the x4500. And all causes mouse cursor to disappear and screen errors.

Currently running native 1366x768 laptop and external display @ 1680x1050. on 10.5.7.

Only problem i have found is.. when added external display you have to boot up on laptop then detect display. then move task bar across. But cant see to work out how to turnoff laptop screen without cause screen to freeze and have allot of lines across it.

I hope this helps the Dell 1545 users.

Installation instruction

Download both .zip files;

dsdt.aml.zip

Dell_1545_x4500.zip

Then put dsdt.aml in your OSX root. (DSDT.AML seem to fixed the black screen issue.)

To replace the dsdt.aml file your going to have to show hidden files.

If you open up terminal (Applications > Utilities) and type the following:

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE

killall Finder

once done replace the file. you may need to move old one or rename it, to put the new file in place.

then open up kext helper and drag all files within dell 1545 x4500 folder. and click install.

Reboot. And fingered crossed it should have worked..

These are the only kexts i found to work 100% with a Dell 1545

http://rapidshare.com/files/292803154/Dell_1545_x4500.zip

http://rapidshare.com/files/292804144/dsdt.aml.zip

when i say 100% i should of said almost 100%.

There been alot of problems with the kexts about with the dell 1545. Givening Lines over the screen.. and mouse cursor goes away.

Still the waiting game for QE support and so forth... :S

Yeah I've been using the DSDT and x3100fb for a week or so now and it's worked pretty buttery.

Hopefully someone will get the QE/CI issue worked out but native res. is good enough for me. :)

It was good enought for me too, but after a week...

Can`t watch full screen movies without QE/CI

70-80% of Software I use cant work without QE/CI

:(:D :D

It was good enought for me too, but after a week...

Can`t watch full screen movies without QE/CI

70-80% of Software I use cant work without QE/CI

:(:D :D

i'm using only the framebuffer to and i can watch fullscreen movies,if you are talking about flash movies you just need to disable hardware acceleration in flash settings....and voilaaa you can even play HD flash in fullscreen.

hope i helps.bye

i'm using only the framebuffer to and i can watch fullscreen movies,if you are talking about flash movies you just need to disable hardware acceleration in flash settings....and voilaaa you can even play HD flash in fullscreen.

hope i helps.bye

No...not Flash...I`m talking about ordinary AVI DivX etc... Result - Black screen, or slow motion -_-

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

TNX is really work on my DELL 1545.

After install these two files, MAC OSX (10.5.8) recognized Intel GMA4500 video card like (x3100, 512Mb ...) but in display properties I don't have optimal resolution for my monitor (think 1360 x 768.) Have more and less (example, nearest 1308x1024)

Can you have any ideas to get 1360x768

Regards

Edo

• 1 month later...
He didn't puted the drivers sad.gif. but its working and he was running imovie 09 on it.

Im trying to contact it

by the way can you tell me,

where do you get it??

i'm very curious about that,

it's like "light in the darkness" for me :wacko:

:)