Need KEXT for Marvell Yukon 88e8056 for Snow Leopard

X-eQutR

5 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

I almost search the entire Internet (TM & ©2009) for a solution, but unfortunately, I did not find any glue to my problem.

I have a ASUS Rampage II Extreme mainboard with 2 Marvell 88e8056 network cards on it. My system is running Snow Leopard 10.6 (Retail) without any problems. The only last thing I have to accomplish is to get my network card running.

Is there somewhere or somehow a solution for running the network card in 64 Bit on Snow Leopard? I tried already to patch the plist of SKGE and IONetworkfamily, but no success so far.

Any advice?

UPDATE

After searching and trying different search keys on Google, I managed to find a good KEXT for my problem.

You should download and install the following DMG: IONetworkFamily.KEXT

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi folks,

I almost search the entire Internet (TM & ©2009) for a solution, but unfortunately, I did not find any glue to my problem.

I have a ASUS Rampage II Extreme mainboard with 2 Marvell 88e8056 network cards on it. My system is running Snow Leopard 10.6 (Retail) without any problems. The only last thing I have to accomplish is to get my network card running.

Is there somewhere or somehow a solution for running the network card in 64 Bit on Snow Leopard? I tried already to patch the plist of SKGE and IONetworkfamily, but no success so far.

Any advice?

UPDATE

After searching and trying different search keys on Google, I managed to find a good KEXT for my problem.

You should download and install the following DMG: IONetworkFamily.KEXT

I cant seem to to get it downloaded from that Windows Live site, can someone please host it somewhere else for me? Thanks.

• 5 months later...