Belkin F5D7000 works in OSx86?

huong23

5 posts in this topic

I have a Belkin F5D7000 wireless G card installed in my XP pc. The Belkin Wireless Utility reports that the card has a RT2560 chipset (Version 2.2.7.0 and Date: July 29, 2004). Looking up the chipset on yahoo links me to the RAlink chipset manufacturer...which I read may work under OSX86. Can someone verify that the Belkin F5D7000 (with chipset RT2560) will be usable (WEP and wireless) under OSx86? Thanks

I am trying to get the laptop counterpart, the F5D7010 to work on it as well... but no success as of yet. I am running OSX86 and I say that from what I have used Mac computers in the past (only in stores), OSX86 seems much faster!

But yeah, I cant seem to get my belkin card working, I am curious about the UNIX kernal inside of the MacOS though... maybe ndiswrapper... nah probably wouldnt work

try ralink

http://www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm

works for the usb, try the pci

The PCI version for OSX 10.4 definitely does not work because it is the old version (USB one is dated August 28....PCI one is dated May ). I tried loading the PCI version but it did not work, most likely the drivers were PPC code instead of Intel binaries like the USB version. The USB version will not load for my system, even when I try to edit the Info.plist in RT2500USBWirelessDriver.kext to include my card (Vendor: 1814 Device: 0201 ) but that didn't work either.

Can someone please help me to get my Belkin F5D7000 PCI card (Ralink chipset) to work under OSx86?