Ati Radeon x1300 (0x7146): How to enable Quartz Extrme ?

Consti

7 posts in this topic

Hi there, I have installed Mac OS X 10.5.6 with iDeneb on my PC. My graphic card is the ati radeon x1300 with 256mb (id 0x7146)

I have bought iWork 2009 and I need Quartz Extreme enabled to get it work. and exactly this is my problem, I can't get this card to support QE:

Can you please help me.

I have heard you can edit the ATIRadeonX1000.kext with a hex editor but I don't know how.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi there, I have installed Mac OS X 10.5.6 with iDeneb on my PC. My graphic card is the ati radeon x1300 with 256mb (id 0x7146)

I have bought iWork 2009 and I need Quartz Extreme enabled to get it work. and exactly this is my problem, I can't get this card to support QE:

Can you please help me.

I have heard you can edit the ATIRadeonX1000.kext with a hex editor but I don't know how.

I am using the same card and I got it working with no mods to the kext, only an EFI string. Full QE/CI.

• 5 weeks later...
How do you get the EFI string?

http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,104.0.html

this is the process.. but i dont see the files you need for the x1300 though...

i had the x1400 on my E1505 and ended up buying a NVidia 7300 GO and swapping it out. i have full graphic support on Snow Leopard 10.6.2 now. i had to use the EFI string method to get it working.