How to extract data from a vmdk image?

5 posts in this topic

I have installed iatkos 5i with vanilla kernel on an acer aspire one with my windows setup backed up with acronis true image. Now i converted it to a vmware image with vmware converter and it is not booting with virtualbox. How can i mount the image to my mac? (I tried to install vmware fusion but it kernel panics at the end and my mac gets unbootable unless i start in safe mode and remove the offending app.) I have a blurry screenshot of my virtualbox trying to boot up xp. I do not even see the windows xp logo...

post-485194-1253086721_thumb.png

I have installed iatkos 5i with vanilla kernel on an acer aspire one with my windows setup backed up with acronis true image. Now i converted it to a vmware image with vmware converter and it is not booting with virtualbox. How can i mount the image to my mac? (I tried to install vmware fusion but it kernel panics at the end and my mac gets unbootable unless i start in safe mode and remove the offending app.) I have a blurry screenshot of my virtualbox trying to boot up xp. I do not even see the windows xp logo...

VirtualBox cannot boot Mac OS X. Both VirtualBox and Fusion won't work as you need VT-x extensions in the processor and the Atom does not have them.

LOL i do not have mac os x on virtualbox. I converted my windows installation to a vmware image. I just want to mount the image so i can get my files and install a new windows on it. I have iatkos 5i on my AA1 now. There is an app to convert your real pc to a vmware hard drive. Check out VMWare converter...

LOL i do not have mac os x on virtualbox. I converted my windows installation to a vmware image. I just want to mount the image so i can get my files and install a new windows on it. I have iatkos 5i on my AA1 now. There is an app to convert your real pc to a vmware hard drive. Check out VMWare converter...

OK so I mis-read it! I am well aware of VMware's products having used them for 10 years! Fusion may be able to run without VT-x. have you got a vanilla kernel or one of the hacked versions. If not vanilla you need to make sure that the booting kernel is called mach_kernel for Fusion to work.

I have vanilla 9.5.0 kernel and i am using virtualbox. I changed the xml file of the virtual machine to set hardware accerelation off. My computer crashes if i install vmware fusion. It only boots in safe mode and the only way to boot normally is to remove vmware fusion.