Intel GMA3100

calmesal

7 posts in this topic

Running SNOW on HP Compaq 6720s with GMA3100. I can get resolutions up to 1280x800 if i boot in safe mode. But no Q/E C/I. In normal 32bit Iam stuck in 1024x768. It is working perfect in LEOPARD but with these drivers I get the blue screen and no login screen. Any one got it working in 32bit mode on SNOW?

Running SNOW on HP Compaq 6720s with GMA3100. I can get resolutions up to 1280x800 if i boot in safe mode. But no Q/E C/I. In normal 32bit Iam stuck in 1024x768. It is working perfect in LEOPARD but with these drivers I get the blue screen and no login screen. Any one got it working in 32bit mode on SNOW?

GMA3100?

Perups GMAX3100? (GMA3100 don't works in Leopard)

Giorgio

This is what I have done to get gma x3100 working on a Dell Studio 1735 with gma x3100 graphics. It also worked on a cheap acer. Requires no hacked apple kexts. See attached file.

1. Copy all AppleIntelGMA* from System/Library/Extensions files as a backup. I use /vidfiles.

2. Remove AppleIntelGMA* from System/Library/Extensions to boot with no graphics driver.

3. Create dsdt.aml file using DSDTPatcherGui and put in /Extra when booted with no graphics driver.

4. Install AppleIntelGMA* files from backup.

5. Install Natit.kext.

6. Install Screen Sleeper Solution.

7. Run kext utility.

8. Repair permissions.

9. reboot

dell1735gmax3100.zip

This is what I have done to get gma x3100 working on a Dell Studio 1735 with gma x3100 graphics. It also worked on a cheap acer. Requires no hacked apple kexts. See attached file.

1. Copy all AppleIntelGMA* from System/Library/Extensions files as a backup. I use /vidfiles.

2. Remove AppleIntelGMA* from System/Library/Extensions to boot with no graphics driver.

3. Create dsdt.aml file using DSDTPatcherGui and put in /Extra when booted with no graphics driver.

4. Install AppleIntelGMA* files from backup.

5. Install Natit.kext.

6. Install Screen Sleeper Solution.

7. Run kext utility.

8. Repair permissions.

9. reboot

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is I cant generate DSDT on this machine, I tried all possible ways but always with errors, I have the these kexts working perfectly in Leopard without any patches. I will try to hack the Framebuffer kext and generate a DSDT file using linux when I have time-

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is I cant generate DSDT on this machine, I tried all possible ways but always with errors, I have the these kexts working perfectly in Leopard without any patches. I will try to hack the Framebuffer kext and generate a DSDT file using linux when I have time-

I had errors too. The file was still generated and I assume the errors were really just warnings regarding hardware I didn't care about - like the card reader. It worked for me with errors/warnings, worth a shot.

I had errors too. The file was still generated and I assume the errors were really just warnings regarding hardware I didn't care about - like the card reader. It worked for me with errors/warnings, worth a shot.

Yes!

The errors is not the problem, but it refuse to generate the DSDT file. I tried this on windows to but no result.