GA-EX58-UD3R

dasein

6 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

I'm about to embark on this snow leopard journey after my 10.5 system got a little messed up and is no longer bootable >.<

Anyone have any luck with this motherboard and Snow Leopard?

I'll probably chronicle my luck and try to create a guide for those who come later.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I'm about to embark on this snow leopard journey after my 10.5 system got a little messed up and is no longer bootable >.<

Anyone have any luck with this motherboard and Snow Leopard?

I'll probably chronicle my luck and try to create a guide for those who come later.

Thanks!

Snow Leopard Works great on the EX58-UD3R

DD's UD5 script works great with the exception of audio. You just need to use VoodooHDA for stereo audio.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185097

• 2 months later...
Snow Leopard Works great on the EX58-UD3R

DD's UD5 script works great with the exception of audio. You just need to use VoodooHDA for stereo audio.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=185097

Do you have QE running? I did his install and I had issues with getting QE so I couldn't get FCP running. Also, where did you get the VoodooHDA? The QE and sound was the only thing lacking last time icon2.gif Thx

I have qe running on mine

9800GT 1024 MB

Usinf pc EFI 10.5 and Graphics enabler in both 32/64 bit

To find vodoohda just google Voodoohda 64bit

So the first run after the install I had sound. No network and graphics card isn't reading right. Did a few more steps and broke sound and network unsure.gif Went back and added a few kext and went on the line of possibly breaking everything and got everything working minus graphics blink.gif So now after a tons of different configs and reboots to get the gfx recognized right, it still reads as 32mb,ha, I ask how you installed pc EFI and where this graphics enabler from. Netkas just says to replace boot file in boot partition with this on. Not sure where to look for that. I tried putting the latest nvinject in there with no success.

As I was typing I broke the working system with the latest 10.6.2 update, ha. Looks like I have some more work ahead of me.

Again, thanks for any help.

So the first run after the install I had sound. No network and graphics card isn't reading right. Did a few more steps and broke sound and network unsure.gif Went back and added a few kext and went on the line of possibly breaking everything and got everything working minus graphics blink.gif So now after a tons of different configs and reboots to get the gfx recognized right, it still reads as 32mb,ha, I ask how you installed pc EFI and where this graphics enabler from. Netkas just says to replace boot file in boot partition with this on. Not sure where to look for that. I tried putting the latest nvinject in there with no success.

As I was typing I broke the working system with the latest 10.6.2 update, ha. Looks like I have some more work ahead of me.

Again, thanks for any help.

Ok, got everything working pretty smoothly. Just used a default string from osx86 tools and got my card going. Says its 512 when really it's a 1024 but I was running leopard like this with no issues. wacko.gifGoing to look for a string that will give me full read on the memory. As of right now I am happy with the actual running of the system. Now just need to get final cut running. Crashes on start. I'm sure it's an easy fix biggrin.gif