Update Crash

dude998866

3 posts in this topic

ALright, so I've been running iatkos v5.0 for quite some time now and was loving both it and the working updates. However yesterday when I installed a apple os update the system wouldn't boot only giving me the waiting for root device error. Fine I thought, obviously the update screwed something up so I downloaded and installed iatkos 7.0. Well much to my surprise the same error surfaced no matter what I did. I can't seem to figure this out. My drive is a PATA and it is and always has been set to master. I can't figure out why suddenly it can't detect it.

-help much appreciated

Ok I solved the problem and thought I'd explain to all others having it how I went about solving it.

It was the IOATAFamily.kext as was mentioned above, however the problem for me was figuring out how to insert it into a non functioning system. Well I dug around and pulled out my USB drive enclosure and put the hard drive in that and the system booted as the USB driver was functional. This allowed me to use kext helper to install the kext to allow the system to boot normally with the drive hooked up though the IDE channel.

Ok I solved the problem and thought I'd explain to all others having it how I went about solving it.

It was the IOATAFamily.kext as was mentioned above, however the problem for me was figuring out how to insert it into a non functioning system. Well I dug around and pulled out my USB drive enclosure and put the hard drive in that and the system booted as the USB driver was functional. This allowed me to use kext helper to install the kext to allow the system to boot normally with the drive hooked up though the IDE channel.