Dualbooting Windows 7 and Snow Leopard 10.6?

HD!

5 posts in this topic

I want to do this without making any mistakes. Can someone guide me?

I have Windows 7 Ultimate latest release, an Intel Core 2 Duo laptop (Sony Vaio VGN-N31S).

How do I install SL onto my laptop along with my old W7 with all my files and software unaffected and me being able to dualboot the two OSs safely and quickly?

I also have an external storage drive of 320GB.

Thanks

-Backup win 7 on external drive

-split you hdd in two partitions

-restore win 7 to one of the partitions

-install snow leopard on the other partition

-install chameleon

-replace boot file and add your custom kexts creat mkext

ready

-Backup win 7 on external drive

-split you hdd in two partitions

-restore win 7 to one of the partitions

-install snow leopard on the other partition

-install chameleon

-replace boot file and add your custom kexts creat mkext

ready

OK I'm new to EVERYTHING here so I'm gonna need a little clarification.

So how do I backup the whole W7 to an external drive?

Now what do I do? I've got W7 installed in my laptop but what do I do?

OK I'm new to EVERYTHING here so I'm gonna need a little clarification.

So how do I backup the whole W7 to an external drive?

Now what do I do? I've got W7 installed in my laptop but what do I do?

looking at all the threads the only way to do it is by having another Mac OS installed and then installing SL from that. Then installing bootloaders kexts and what ever else you might need to for your laptop

As for backing up win7 you can use the backup and restore option...just type back up in the search field on the start menu and it will come up and you can choose where to back up etc.

you can leave win7 installed and partition the drive

go to disk management and right click on the hard drive win7 is on and choose shrink volume

that will partition the drive for you and you can have a second drive to install Mac OS.

whether you can install snow leopard directly i'm not sure, but as i said earlier reading the threads on the forums all are saying you need an existing install of Mac OS, at the moment all that's available is the official apple release, there are no distro such as ideneb, iatkos and some of the other for SL 10.6.0

hope i'm wrong but read a few threads and see how u go

there is a distro.... out about a day ago... however retail is still the best method...

I don't know why you posted the same question twice???

You can either backup the win7 drive, or install snow to the external first as a test, then remove it, backup win7 and install snow...

Have you got OSX running at all... it is almost a vital part, and if you can;t get it running, your snow chances are not to high.... There aren't many differences, only quicktime x, which is overrated, grand central, which is a slight bonus but not worth risking other installs for and expose in the dock, which is useful...