GMA X4500 QE/CI Open Forum.

abkratch

66 posts in this topic

The original purpose of this thread was to create a driver basically from scratch (Porting one from linux is *almost* from scratch). Unless you have the source code for the GMA X4500 Apple kexts (which i doubt), this thread is just as dead as it was before.

Some source for coders: Pity I can't help.

Apple IOGraphic:

http://www.opensource.apple.com/source/IOG...Graphics-363.9/

newest linux driver:

http://xorg.freedesktop.org/archive/indivi...l-2.11.0.tar.gz

the linux intel graphics website has this written about the above driver

"This release has been validated on following hardware: Intel® HD Graphics (Arrandale & Clarkdale), GMA 3150 (Pineview), G45, GM45, GM965, 945GM, 945GME, 915GM, 855GM.

Some of test results are published at here."

some hope for the 3150 too

I got THIS after adding VBIOS=Yes key to com.apple.Boot.plist:

Type: GPU

Bus: Built-In

VRAM (Total): 64 MB of Shared System Memory

Vendor: Intel (0x8086)

Device ID: 0x2e32

Revision ID: 0x0003

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

As i said above, my video is GMA4500

The new kext device Id I suggested did not load n I can boot nicely. I checked the different btw shine-away earlier kext. It's 2a instead of 2A for the id hence I m not sure if it will affect the kext.

Next I install the earlier kext with the patched appleintelhdgraphicsfb.kext(I requested from shine). I got a message at boot.

Osmetalclass: kext com.apple.driver.appleintelhdgraphicsfb class appleintelframebuffer is duplicate;kext com.apple.driver.appleintelgma3100fb already had a class by that name.

Kext com.apple.driver.appleintelhdgraphicsfb start failed (result 0xdc00400a)

Kext com.apple.driver.appleintelhdgraphicsfb failed to load (0xdc008017)

failed to load kext com.apple.driver.appleintelhdgraphicsfb (error 0xdec008017)

right, man!

then, please, tell us how to do that.

I already said that we should SAY OS X THAT we have not a GMA4500 but another compatible card, like X3100 or GMA5700 but I didnt know how to implement this, if you know, then you are welcome!

now i've been trying to add my card's id in plists of the Intel HD kexts, but nothing happen, it says just "no kext loaded" also saying (in loaded system) "Unable to load kext"

If we patched the DSDT to make the GMA4500 appear as a GMA5700, do you think it would load the kexts?

This is some problems i faced.

In original AppleIntelHDGraphicsfb.kext

Original Code below

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x468086 0x428086</string>

Change to

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>

<string>0x2A428086 0x2E228086</string>

changing 2 characters to 4 characters is it ok? This is another question i m puzzled.

Anyway, i solved the problem of the conflict kext. as i actually tried to hexedit my 3100fb.kext before hence it has identitical ID conflict with the intelhdgraphicsfb.kext. I change back to the origianl 3100fb.kext and load the osx again and it hang before booting to the osx screen. I see no intelhdgraphics.kext being loaded.